Heroes of the Storm

Needless

Toe Sucker
Blizzard needs to put Invoker in this game, kael'thas is not even remotely as cool as Invoker is

And a real mana burning Anti Mage assassin 2:^)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
If HotS does one thing better than everyone else, it's hero design. They really either make you feel like you are actually playing the character in their game or evoke what you would imagine it would be like if you could.
I also really like that their games are far shorter and have better map variety.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blizzard needs to put Invoker in this game, kael'thas is not even remotely as cool as Invoker is

And a real mana burning Anti Mage assassin 2:^)

I'm not sure if AM would really fit in the HotS space as well as he fits into the DOTA space since HotS is far more liberal with porting back home and ability spam. Then also a ton of heroes in HotS lack mana bars or have secondary resource bars compared to DOTA.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
HotS 2.0 is like a car company adding new paint and an extra usb port as a new model. It's just the same thing underneath.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
HotS 2.0 is like a car company adding new paint and an extra usb port as a new model. It's just the same thing underneath.
Same can be said about shit like marvel heroes thats been rereleased over and over.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm not sure if AM would really fit in the HotS space as well as he fits into the DOTA space since HotS is far more liberal with porting back home and ability spam. Then also a ton of heroes in HotS lack mana bars or have secondary resource bars compared to DOTA.

I'm more referring to a spell breaker, not really an AM clone. However mana void would be a nice ult to have while also having Feedback as a passive on their auto attacks

But damn i remembered tonight how bad this games matchmaking can be, being put in games with kids who probably struggle to maintain breathing IRL because you had a win streak while party queued? sighhh

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got some HotS experts in here after they've played a couple of quick match games.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Got some HotS experts in here after they've played a couple of quick match games.
I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any deep mechanics like creep equilibrium, inventory management, buyback usage, denies or creep stacking & pulling.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
How can a game without items have "inventory management" and "buyback usage"? It has talents in place of those things. It does have creep equilibrium/denies/stacking/blocking. You know stuff you wouldn't experience in the lowest fucking common denominator of the game playing with other window lickers.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

It's not DOTA, but it is fine for what it is. I was cheesing shit as stitches...pudge hook them, then use the devour ult and run back to my towers so they can assist with murdering the enemy hero lol. There are worse ways to get the D.Va police skin ;p

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not DOTA, but it is fine for what it is. I was cheesing shit as stitches...pudge hook them, then use the devour ult and run back to my towers so they can assist with murdering the enemy hero lol. There are worse ways to get the D.Va police skin ;p
Gotta get you a buddy medivh so you can take a portal back into your base after swallowing someone.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have never touched HotS but want the D.Va skin. From what i've heard, the key is to move LoL and DOTA out of your mind and approach it as its own game without drawing any comparisons and then you'll have more fun. We'll see... Just glad to hear the community is less toxic which shouldn't be hard to accomplish so that's not saying much.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah, you just need to think of it as it's own game and youll have fun. If you can play with some buddies, it'll make it a lot funner. I can't play this game solo too much or i get annoyed because the average skill in this game seems a lot lower as well lol

Tons of fun heroes though, if blizzard knows one thing it's making unique and enjoyable characters

New map is gay af though, i'm not a fan at all

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any deep mechanics like creep equilibrium, inventory management, buyback usage, denies or creep stacking & pulling.

Just reading that makes me cringe at DOTA

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any game I play I try and just compare it to itself, and HotS still is pretty meh. There's a lot of good parts but the complete package just has nothing drawing me back in. Actually, very similar to Marvel Heroes - I mostly log in to MH to mess around with different characters despite the game itself being bland. Same with HotS, the only reason I would play is to push buttons on different heroes a few times, despite the game.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have never touched HotS but want the D.Va skin. From what i've heard, the key is to move LoL and DOTA out of your mind and approach it as its own game without drawing any comparisons and then you'll have more fun. We'll see... Just glad to hear the community is less toxic which shouldn't be hard to accomplish so that's not saying much.
I mean there will always be comparisons because its still the same genre. Sure, its not lol/dota2, but we didn't need another dota clone. I just found it comical people coming in here comparing high end competitive lol/dota2 play to hots quick match where they probably didn't even have a tank and/or support and are playing with others with very few games played. Its like...
upload_2017-4-27_10-27-45.jpeg

People saying the game lacks depth because of stupid shit like items and last hitting, not everyone likes those outdated systems. Tales of not being able to carry are grossly exaggerated/simplified. Abilities don't matter? Try continuing a fight on even footing where skill shots miss in a competitive game and see what happens. Not, "hey guys we crushed/got crushed and were up/down 4 lvls, abilities are so meaningless, lol." People are probably taking fights on uneven talent tiers and don't know why they're getting creamed.

The last time I tried playing LoL again it was 20 minutes in before I had a real skirmish and of course no team fights. You didn't see me posting in the LoL thread the game is bad because A) I just don't know as much about LoL and B) different strokes for different folks.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I never touched LoL or Dota so Hots is my first moba type game.

Played my first match against real people last night with Kemuel in Quick Play and had a blast.

If anyone isn't completely cynical and jaded about this game who wants a newbie tagging along hit me up at Xeoo#11590. I picked up the support pack and have mostly been playing Lucio and I want to learn Malfurion and Zarya next. I'm really enjoying playing support healer.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Never played LoL or Dota either. Tried this for the skins, quit after 1 game. So much not my style, I can't even put with 5 games for a skin. :(

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I never touched LoL or Dota so Hots is my first moba type game.

Played my first match against real people last night with Kemuel in Quick Play and had a blast.

If anyone isn't completely cynical and jaded about this game who wants a newbie tagging along hit me up at Xeoo#11590. I picked up the support pack and have mostly been playing Lucio and I want to learn Malfurion and Zarya next. I'm really enjoying playing support healer.

Good choices, Malf is broken good and easy to play, Lucio is also top tier lol

• 1Like