Heroes of the Storm

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
You cant really carry a bad team in hots. The objectives forces brawls where coordination with the team is key. I wont go deep in explaining heroes meta, youl' figure it fast enough tying to get out of bronze even if youre a capable diamond player.

My advice is dont ladder seriously, the matchmaking and ranking is really bad. The game is still amazigly fun and its the only thing i play these days.

For guides, youtube grubby. For good support to invest time in : malfurion, rhegar, kharazim are my go to healers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had been doing exclusively quick match and just recently started doing ranked and I'm starting to catch on that its actually easiest to carry as a tank. If you have a tank who knows how to zone and when to engage/disengage it allows the rest of the heroes to get their job done. That being said, tanking requires a lot of in game knowledge that'll just take practice with games played and watching pros play games. Support is probably the most difficult to carry with, but also the best way to learn the game. Malfurion would be the best to start on since he's one of the cheapest heroes and he is t1 support, once you're drafting though he'll be banned/picked a lot of the time. I personally like Rhegar also, auriel and kharazim are other popular supports. Lili gets a lot of shit because she's considered a new player support, but she can still be really effective against heavy aa teams.

Also make sure you play the new brawl whenever there is one, just need to play 2 or 3 games for a quick 1,000 gold.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So is this recruit a friend thing still working? If so, anyone want to send me their link so i can sign up?

NA server please.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
HOTS doesn't really have "carries" in the same way that LOL does.

Heroes of the Storm (HotS): Home is a good resource to see how heroes and specific hero specs are stacking up in terms of pure win rates.

It's been a while since I played but Malfurion and Rehgar are both solid support options which are pretty easy to pick up as a new player, and they're both doing well in the charts at the moment.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hit platinum in Quick Match. You can absolutely can carry your team as a high damage ranged hero like Sgt. Hammer, Azmodan, Nazeebo, etc. Queueing as a healer is probably not a good plan unless you are amazing. They don't impact the game as much in Bronze >> Silver >> Platinum as DPS.

I don't do Hero league so your YMMV there.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure how I feel about Probius. Like I was just hoping I could lay down pylons and photon cannons and hide from the world, but no, they made it so I would actually have to do stuff. I can only have one photon cannon, like wtf, and it doesn't even last that long.

stevecannonfield4.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, not sure about Probius, I think they are more in tune to making its warp gate combo the better damage, defiantly ain't no Gayzlowe. I am torn on which character to get next out of these three, Valeera, Varian, and Ragnaros. I am leaning towards Varian. Also, I have been having a blast learning Sonya, even though I think my player damage should be higher than it is, she can be a beast.

KRA! KRA! KRA! KRA!

Needless

Toe Sucker
HOTS 2.0 incoming, pretty substantial changes that look really good. I might actually get back into the game again

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That's pretty insane. Did they give a date? I might have missed that part. I'm not sure it'd be enough to get me back into the game, but that's some really good shit

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
2.0 sounds really interesting

I'll jump back in, but I imagine like all the other times, I'll play for a few weeks and then quit. I really want to like this game more but something keeps me from getting in to it like I did with League when I started that. The mechanics are fun and I dig the maps, but I think it's how 'light' all of the abilities feel. In Dota and League, landing an ability feels like it has impact whereas in Hots, it feels almost inconsequential from a feedback perspective. Superficial as all hell, but it bugs the shit out of me.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I was just thinking the other day about how cool it would be if they tried a relaunch with HOTS. Seems kind of half-assed, but better than nothing. Maybe this will get enough of the AU playerbase back that it's worth trying out again.

Needless

Toe Sucker
logged in @ level 91.. had 5 veteran chests, 5 common and 55 epics... ended up with about 8 legendaries and a few duplicates.

also got free genji/cassia

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Well worth coming back to check out.

Similar to needless above i was only level 28 but had 28 epics, 5 regular chests, and a few veteran (guaranteed legendary). tons of heroes/skins/etc of all varieties included in that.

20hero pack basically for free + all the shards & gold you get allows you to buy pretty much everything you'd want.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So kind of breezed through it to get my chests but at one point I was offered jaina or tyrande and I didn't read why. Why was I offered between the two?

• 1Like