Heroes of the Storm

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
But I'm not a starter? Is it just because I didn't own them?

They certainly weren't starter heroes before

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Possibly because you never got them after they made them starter heroes. I know I ran through the tutorials on my wife's account and the options were Jaina or Tyrande.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well Abathur is pretty much the funnest support hero I've played in a MOBA.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Logged in at level 168, 5 loot chests, 16 epic chests, 1 veteran chest.

edit: Also re-rolling a veteran chest still gets you a legend but like on my 2nd re-roll it scored me a second legendary.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Possibly because you never got them after they made them starter heroes. I know I ran through the tutorials on my wife's account and the options were Jaina or Tyrande.
Maybe that could be it. It's weird because I just played a couple weeks ago for the mount. Oh well

joz123

Potato del Grande
Player lvl 414:
5 veteran chests, 5 loot chests, 41 epic chests

Got Samuro/Genji and got a bunch of mounts and like 5 or 6 other legendaries.

• 1Like

norp

Bronze Squire
I feel like getting all this free stuff for Heroes of the Storm is about as useful as getting 50 free rentals at a Blockbuster. Doesn't change the fact the game is kind of garbage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's still a fun game in small doses i think, played a bunch of Cassia tonight, shes actually really fun haha

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the community isn't as shitty seemingly.

It's just a different game than LoL and dota. no items and no last hitting. games are shorter. more focus on teamfights and countering picks and less focus on individual characters.

everyone is probably ingrained in whatever game they have chosen for the past few years at this point though so to each their own.

• 1Like

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I logged in to get all the free shit but I can't get into the game after LoL and DotA 2. It's like going from crack to marijuana.

• 1Like

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its completely unsatisfying by comparison to how much influence you can exert compared to LoL/Dota for sure. I think Heroes suffers for not being advertised as different than the other two games they chose to compare it to. Its more like a WoW battleground / hero brawler with a slightly dynamic timeline of map events. Sure there is structure and lanes, but they are so different they don't even serve the same purpose between the titles.

With no inventory, and no gold, and shared team power, it suffers by being compared to the other titles rather than being seen as a just a flavor/style of gameplay that used the hero/champ design but little else from its inspirations.

• 1Like

Caliane

yes. HoTS is all about controlling map objectives, and team play. And not about laning, etc at all.

Its like if "controlling the dragon" was the primary objective in LoL. thats what Hots is.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So it's 5 games this week for the Overwatch Genji skin, and 5 games next week for the D'va skin?

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So I decided to give this a try once more. It's much more polished, but it's like Hearthstone - the core gameplay ain't very deep, no matter how many loot and leveling systems they slap on top, they can't hide the fact. One thing I concede is that their hero designs seem to be really unique, but compared to Dota, your abilities also have much less impact.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The abilities themselves are very "smoothed out" on the power curve (you don't have characters with all their power in one ability and a bunch of junk abilities, really). I also still don't enjoy the feel of combat much - there's just not any good feedback or feeling you get from the combat compared to LoL/Dota/Dota2/OW/etc., I think they way underestimated how important that was and kinda flubbed it and never looked back.

Some of the characters are interesting mechanically and theoretically fun, but that super bland, soft combat feedback just ruins it.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I got the notification about the login perks, so I installed and tried this out. Game felt clunky, and overall just not very fun. Wasn't for me.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I didn't enjoy the game at all when playing solo in PuG groups.

Last night a few friends logged on to show me how to play. Our 5 man team vs the AI and it was actually pretty entertaining. It was neat playing Lucio in a different game while using the same abilities.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
If HotS does one thing better than everyone else, it's hero design. They really either make you feel like you are actually playing the character in their game or evoke what you would imagine it would be like if you could.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity