Hero's Song by John Smedley - ARPG/MMO Lite

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Coh? As streamers go he is very pro. His setup is all about interaction, has a bunch of extra monitors that tracks stuff like who he has said hi to and such. Stream watchers love that stuff.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
what's with smedley dickriding that awful streamer so much?
He likes the guy thats why. the dude was one of the first to stream h1z1 when smedley was leading that as well. I dont watch him all that muich as i dont watch twitch that much anymore, but he's a chill ass dude (Coh). Plus he has good viewers that might help as well.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Someone here needs to step up when this comes out and make a Rerolled/FoH server for us old MMO farts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Someone here needs to step up when this comes out and make a Rerolled/FoH server for us old MMO farts.
And sell it to Craig McMMO for a fast $20K when the pop starts to dwindle.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

This game is very low on my Hype-meter but if you can change the rulesets of the servers and we as a community made a server I'd probably try it out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Never going to make their goal but at least they'll still get your money this time.

Yeah..there wasn't really an incentive for me to pledge, as the game is launching end of year anyways.

But once he went non Kickstarter, it was clear they would take any money brought in.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
This game is very low on my Hype-meter but if you can change the rulesets of the servers and we as a community made a server I'd probably try it out.
It's supposed to be sort of customizable, but i am not sure how much; i think it's going to be simple controls like difficulty, PvP. I think the main customization will be choosing the land size and the gods which controls while races will be on the server, etc.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why crowdfund what will be available in less than two months? There's not a lot of incentive to risk money on a game that'll go up in Steam so soon.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
No idea, it seems like another misconceived crowdfunding idea by Smed. There is no benefit to backing the indiegogo, no in-game schwag, just get access to beta.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh the monitor thing isn't a hard and fast rule. Just an average. $200 every 6 years seems like a realistic figure. If I bought some $500 monster on the cusp of a technological era, I'm sure I wouldn't upgrade for close to a decade, or until flaws started popping up in the display.

Does Smed still view these boards? Any reps of Pixelmage? Why no PS4 release?

I'm pretty sure he's been on these boards, under various handles, for ten years now. When we were on Rerolled, he'd send me emails about all of our comments on EQ3 (he said we were retarded, in a nice way though).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't post anyone's private emails or PM's.

well he could always just post here. I mean, ponytail had no problem saying he didn't see a future for an EQ3 type game. My issue with that is what did they envision? At one point, they thought it was a good idea.. Did they just see that type of game not profitable at all? I think they leaned to the trend at the time, which said shorter play sessions, faster pace and feeling like you accomplished something? That obviously would not work for a true EQ sequel. I can understand the thought, but it's all relevant to the game and how you capture your audience while they are playing.

EQ3 could have worked IMO...I think they could have experimented with stuff like SB on a lesser scale, voxels for harvesting, expanded classes past what VG offered, things of that nature. There is so much to evolve and still keep the soul of EQ in tact. It just takes thought and passion. The real issue is, it's a gamble, one Brad has been willing to take but not many others.

Last edited: