Hogwarts Legacy

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I still don't understand VTuber stuff AT ALL
Just to go a step further, I sometimes watch other people game in order to git gud myself and am so bored through it. People who enjoy watching other people game? I don't get it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just to go a step further, I sometimes watch other people game in order to git gud myself and am so bored through it. People who enjoy watching other people game? I don't get it.

I understand people who enjoy watching other people play more than those who don't enjoy it but watch anyways

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I enjoy watching people who are better than me at certain games, in order to get better. But I also sometimes enjoy watching people who are good at games just because they're good at games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The way the whole environment changes between seasons / parts of the school year is great. Not only the major seasons, but there are subtle changes during a given season. Fall starts out looking like generic autumn but then more leaves drop and you see the jack o lantern decorations come out after a time. Same thing leading up to Xmas during the winter part of the game.

Helps capture the whole environment of the books/movies despite the amount of time you spend as a 16 year old murder hobo

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok pro tip for those that have the PS5 preorder bonuses particularly the hogsmead quest.

1) It will not show up until after you complete the 2nd keeper
2) You have to have completed the transformation quest (Weasley)
3) If you have the physical edition, enter the codes. :(

Best quest in the game so far (you get to own your own shop)

southeast corner of hogsmead called “mind your own business” once it is unlocked.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I might actually be enjoying this more than Elden Ring (and I loved ER and sunk over 150 hours into it). The story is so much easier to follow in HL, HL isn’t frustratingly difficult, at least not yet, and the setting is fantastic.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok pro tip for those that have the PS5 preorder bonuses particularly the hogsmead quest.

1) It will not show up until after you complete the 2nd keeper
2) You have to have completed the transformation quest (Weasley)
3) If you have the physical edition, enter the codes. :(

Best quest in the game so far (you get to own your own shop)

southeast corner of hogsmead called “mind your own business” once it is unlocked.
Thanks Ut. I’ll have to make sure and do it soon. I don’t see it at Hogsmead though so I must still need to do the Weasley transformation quest, whatever that is. (For reference I just unlocked Alohomora)

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I might actually be enjoying this more than Elden Ring (and I loved ER and sunk over 150 hours into it). The story is so much easier to follow in HL, HL isn’t frustratingly difficult, at least not yet, and the setting is fantastic.
The setting does a LOT to make this game enjoyable, and for me that includes the open world areas in addition to Hogwarts Castle itself. I loved the first two areas of Ghost of Tsushima, and I'm loving all the areas here in HL just as much.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Hope this wins game of the year tbh
I'd say once you get about halfway through that will fade. Not to say the game gets bad, but the novelty eventually goes away. Still a solid game (I gave it an 8/10 after finishing), but it's missing something after that front loaded bang it has.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
And that's for uber tier enthusiast, lifer gamers

This is massive with normies

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think ppl who focus on finishing the main story and it's requirements will end up sub lvl 30, and probably 40-ish completion. So unless they truly love the game, they will likely not get 100% completion of field guide.

I finished the story at lvl36, and 73% field guide completion since I spent so much of my time exploring and doing POI / side quests.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think ppl who focus on finishing the main story and it's requirements will end up sub lvl 30, and probably 40-ish completion. So unless they truly love the game, they will likely not get 100% completion of field guide.

I finished the story at lvl36, and 73% field guide completion since I spent so much of my time exploring and doing POI / side quests.
Sub-100%ers are just pro-troon lefties.

• 1Double Worf

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So for those that have finished I am thinking of doing a lot of the open world stuff first before going further in the story (If I can help it) I just finished the second keeper and it is now winter (Super cool and I have always loved winter atmospherics so my thinking is I might stay in this season as long as I can while I do a lot of the open world activities.)

How much main story is left? Am I about 50% of the way through?

Some of these side quests are sweet too. Especially Sabastians so far.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1676560864094.png

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you are going for 100% / plat trophy one thing is you have to access the map room with a character from each house (raven, hufflepuff, etc) which means starting a new game. It takes about 2.5 hours from start to finish, just mainlining the main quests and ignoring everything else. You can save ~40 mins by exiting the game at sorting hat, uploading your cloud save (Autosave), turning off cloud sync, then finishing a house, redownloading cloud sync, and selecting a new house.

The neat thing is the map room quest is DIFFERENT for each house, you do fairly different things each time and visit different areas so that was really cool. Can easily do it after you finish everything else too, but I'm trying to get it all done now so I can just spend the last hours in my game just getting to 100%. I'm "only" 20 hours into the main quest so still a long, long way to go.

I don't think its really needed since the game map is really awesome but someone made a web map of all the areas with everything you can collect

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
You can also Y (on xbox) through the intro fairly quick. Took less than 10 minutes to get to sorting hat as you can skip almost everything except the walk where you learn how to climb and shoot.

• 1Like