Hogwarts Legacy

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So for those that have finished I am thinking of doing a lot of the open world stuff first before going further in the story (If I can help it) I just finished the second keeper and it is now winter (Super cool and I have always loved winter atmospherics so my thinking is I might stay in this season as long as I can while I do a lot of the open world activities.)

How much main story is left? Am I about 50% of the way through?

Some of these side quests are sweet too. Especially Sabastians so far.
Less than 50%. The 3rd trial is shorter than the previous, and the 4th shorter than that. If you just did main story you wouldn't have a ton left. But they throw a bunch of side shit at you soon, so it draws it out a lot more. I wouldn't rush, because the main story kind of fucking sucks. They tease it out and it could've been better, but it just kind of didn't land for most people from the sounds of it.

The side stuff like Poppy and especially Sebastian are better stories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So for those that have finished I am thinking of doing a lot of the open world stuff first before going further in the story (If I can help it) I just finished the second keeper and it is now winter (Super cool and I have always loved winter atmospherics so my thinking is I might stay in this season as long as I can while I do a lot of the open world activities.)

How much main story is left? Am I about 50% of the way through?

Some of these side quests are sweet too. Especially Sabastians so far.

If I had to do it again I would have just burned through the MSQ and important side quests (check the rewards) and then did the open world stuff after since none of it is relevant outside of wrapping up challenges/sperg platinum trophy people. I was so out leveled and over powered by the end (think the last quest you need to be ~L24 and I was like like L37) that there was absolutely zero chance of death and nothing lived for more than 1-3 spells on hard. Plus you don't unlock all the spells, room of requirement/vivarium stuff etc until later.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If I had to do it again I would have just burned through the MSQ and important side quests (check the rewards) and then did the open world stuff after since none of it is relevant outside of wrapping up challenges/sperg platinum trophy people. I was so out leveled and over powered by the end (think the last quest you need to be ~L24 and I was like like L37) that there was absolutely zero chance of death and nothing lived for more than 1-3 spells on hard. Plus you don't unlock all the spells, room of requirement/vivarium stuff etc until later.
Haven't gotten to play in a couple of days but I will likely finish this way. I am... level 20 or so and I feel like I am only 15% of the way through the game. Will likely crush some main quest next time I get playtime.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

people have been buying PS5s just to play the game (the ps4 version is delayed 2 more months)

Dring reaches the wrong conclusion. Gamers gravitate toward GOOD GAMES. It doesn't matter who makes them. The big brands have higher numbers simple as a result of their stupidly large marketing budgets. And gamers couldn't give 2 shits about the woke cancle culture mob.

• 7Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
There's also quite a bit of efficiency gained by busting through the main line before doing much else. I know for most everyone the initial playthrough was consumed by exploration but how many eye chests, locks, and other required-spell puzzles did you discover but couldn't finish and now have to remember where you saw something. Grind through to at least alohamora and you should minimize a ton of backtracking.

I know I missed it initially but if you zoom the world map all the way out you can see your completion progress.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Dring reaches the wrong conclusion. Gamers gravitate toward GOOD GAMES. It doesn't matter who makes them. The big brands have higher numbers simple as a result of their stupidly large marketing budgets. And gamers couldn't give 2 shits about the woke cancle culture mob.

Exactly.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Plus the marketing campaign of HL was very well done and expensive. They had a lot of astroturfed grass roots shit with all the social media synchronization for all the dopes (including me) to pump twitch streams and everything else, they've got a lot of HL advertising, the media press coverage was strong, etc. The cancel culture was free advertising on top of that.

The game actually being really good is just icing on the cake for week 1 of release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is the kind of shit that leads to dipshits in marketing driving company decisions that aim for a void in make beleive land. Seriously how does he reach that thought?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the kind of shit that leads to dipshits in marketing driving company decisions that aim for a void in make beleive land. Seriously how does he reach that thought?

Because that's the agenda he wants to push?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know I missed it initially but if you zoom the world map all the way out you can see your completion progress.
Pro tip! Thank you. I never realized. It also shows you area mob levels, which is kind of cool. Helps me know where to potentially explore first

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

i just assumed its a lot better on twitter saying "this game is selling well because its a popular IP" rather than "nobody gives a single fuck about retarded trannies and their moronic supporters bitching about JK Rowling"

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
need a solid here peeps, next game - Elden ring or Hogwarts? I'm better at RPG's than get gud games but both look awesome.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Went from are we gonna play this kids game out of spite to full blown immersion

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went from are we gonna play this kids game out of spite to full blown immersion

I was hyped for it ever since they revealed it at some game show a year or 2 ago, just glad it lived up to the hype. Enraging the puritans is a bonus.

• 3Like