Hogwarts Legacy

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thank you all for the insights and informations. I googled a bit (this is all over the news apparently Popular 'Skyrim' modder Arthmoor is leaving Nexus Mods) and it seems they no longer allow modders to delete their mods but deserve the right to censor or delete every mod. Also yes what you guys wrote, overwokeness and tranny culture took place like everywhere.
Having gone through the process on a few games to collect a bunch of disparate mods and get them all working together it's hard for me to have much empathy for mod authors upset by this policy. Mod authors "take their ball and go home" alllll the time. Nexus mods wants to be a comprehensive way for people to get mods, so mod authors being able to protest by poking holes in their collections is a huge nuisance.

If you're a mod author and want control, host your own shit on google drive and make it a pain in the dick for users.

Re: wokeness, if it was just user-outrage my recommendation would be to ignore it and host anything that is legal in the USA and if people don't like it they can get fucked. But they're at the mercy of corps, so maintaining wokeness is in their interest. I'm sure the mod-police lean woke and that's just the natural result of relying on what I'm guessing is a mostly volunteer staff.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1676311591932.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Having gone through the process on a few games to collect a bunch of disparate mods and get them all working together it's hard for me to have much empathy for mod authors upset by this policy. Mod authors "take their ball and go home" alllll the time. Nexus mods wants to be a comprehensive way for people to get mods, so mod authors being able to protest by poking holes in their collections is a huge nuisance.

If you're a mod author and want control, host your own shit on google drive and make it a pain in the dick for users.

Re: wokeness, if it was just user-outrage my recommendation would be to ignore it and host anything that is legal in the USA and if people don't like it they can get fucked. But they're at the mercy of corps, so maintaining wokeness is in their interest. I'm sure the mod-police lean woke and that's just the natural result of relying on what I'm guessing is a mostly volunteer staff.
it has nothing to do with corps. the founder/owner of nexus is gay or trans or some shit and bit into wokeness 200%.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
we won't get the "real" numbers for a few weeks, esp US NPD (physical+digital) but it looks like by all accounts Hogwarts Legacy is a monster seller. Should be big again in April when the ps4/xb1 versions release

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully Hogwarts Legacy is the cancel culture killer. It shows they have zero power against the true mainstream of America.

• 7Like
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I probably wouldn't have played it without their theatrics bringing so much attention.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Cybsled

Hopefully Hogwarts Legacy is the cancel culture killer. It shows they have zero power against the true mainstream of America.

It just shows that if the product is good, people give less of a shit about controversy

• 2Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Skill up says he doesn't have time to review this anymore because he didn't get a review code. Bitch its a GOTY candidate and you aren't reviewing it. GTFOH unsubbing this scumbag liar.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Skill up says he doesn't have time to review this anymore because he didn't get a review code. Bitch its a GOTY candidate and you aren't reviewing it. GTFOH unsubbing this scumbag liar.
I hate those entitled people. Buy the fucking game like the rest of us. At least you get paid when you make the content about it, unlike everyone else.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
@Skillups. I'll give him a hint: This game doesn't need his opinion or review. He's a shit tier content creator.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I hate those entitled people. Buy the fucking game like the rest of us. At least you get paid when you make the content about it, unlike everyone else.
It's just way too convenient given the controversy around the game.

So he doesn't have a contingency plan if he doesn't get a review code by X date before a major title releases? Okay buddy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Yeah really sad about Skillup. Either way (1) he cant pay 60 bucks for a game (lol?) or (2) he doesn't want to review it because reasons, both are incredibly cringe. o_O

Shmoopy

So yeah if you unsub Skillup check this guy out. He specializes in RPGs. Besides ACG this dude is a trustworthy reviewer.

Zero mental illness Twitter drama. Just a game review. :emoji_thumbsup:

• 7Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So yeah if you unsub Skillup check this guy out. He specializes in RPGs. Besides ACG this dude is a trustworthy reviewer.

Zero mental illness Twitter drama. Just a game review. :emoji_thumbsup:

I don’t really watch many long reviews but I do like that guy. He even 100%s games he doesn’t like so he gave give the fullest review possible. Haven’t ever seen any drama or ridiculous personal stuff injected into his reviews.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely do not put 6x Herbology traits on your gear and take the talents for double cabbages and shield-breaking venom plants if you want there to be any challenge in the game whatsoever. Herbology in particular seems bugged, since it increases damage for all plants to a much greater degree than the ones like Fangs do to cabbages alone.

There still supposed to be a patch today? I got hit by the Biscuit quest bug too.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user