Home buying thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Friend who lives in SF posted on FB about needing a new room mate, says the rate is $1700 for a room in a place with 2 other people. $1700 to rent a fucking room? What the hell is wrong with people in the bay area?

And that is why you dont buy in HOAs. Its basically begging to be fucked in the ass by the most seedy disgusting pieces of shit this world has ever had.

Azakel

Molten Core Raider
Long time lurker from the EQ days here. Do we have any board members that are long time successful real estate agents? I'm somewhat new to the business and am having trouble (obviously), finding any local agents willing to give up some of their lead gen secrets. I'm looking to bounce some ideas off someone that I'm not competing against here in Lexington KY. If anyone reading this fits that description and doesn't mind helping, shoot me a pm.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Get a billboard with your picture and a stupid catch phrase.

Something really idiotic like "Get the Dream. Get Azakel's Team."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Long time lurker from the EQ days here. Do we have any board members that are long time successful real estate agents? I'm somewhat new to the business and am having trouble (obviously), finding any local agents willing to give up some of their lead gen secrets. I'm looking to bounce some ideas off someone that I'm not competing against here in Lexington KY. If anyone reading this fits that description and doesn't mind helping, shoot me a pm.

How does a used car dealer get people on the lot? Advertising, name recognition, successful sales. Get listings by having listings. It's a gay ass sales business.

• 1Like

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider

At a recent community association meeting one of the residents introduced themselves as a realtor and gave out cards as well as a some random material.

Extrapolating unless you live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, I would hazard going to every meetup and group that you have a slight interest in with some cards in your pocket would probably generate leads. People are much more likely to trust someone they met than take their friend's cross-eyed cousin's recommendation.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Got my house on the market Wednesday, an offer came in Thursday for what we listed, signed yesterday. Inspection next week. Was so easy I almost expect it to fall through because we didn't have to try hard enough.

Now I get to figure out how to get fleeced in California.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My wife and I can't decide if we want to buy a house that is already built or custom build. However I've got a little problem. I'm getting out of the military in 9 months. My wife thinks what I'm making right now (E-4 married in the Army, in my 3rd year) will suffice for the lender. I don't think it works like that. They will want to know what I will be making at my next job correct? I won't be able to start applying til late July, early August for my next job so I'm having a hell of a time trying to explain to her that this process is a little bit different than buying a car.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife and I can't decide if we want to buy a house that is already built or custom build. However I've got a little problem. I'm getting out of the military in 9 months. My wife thinks what I'm making right now (E-4 married in the Army, in my 3rd year) will suffice for the lender. I don't think it works like that. They will want to know what I will be making at my next job correct? I won't be able to start applying til late July, early August for my next job so I'm having a hell of a time trying to explain to her that this process is a little bit different than buying a car.
No they want to know you are makung and what you have made.

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lenders I've dealt with have max wanted some current pay stubs and evidence of cash on hand. I'm guessing the va loans you have access to are even better.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
If anything you are moving into a lucrative military contracting business, that requires clearance, and there is nothing else you can discuss about it with someone without clearance.

• 1Like

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I'm closing on a house at the end of February. For my USDA-RD loan all the lender wanted was the typical two years of tax returns and W-2s, two months of bank statements, and one month of pay stubs. I'm sure VA isn't going to want much more than that, since they're both federally backed.

My wife and I went through a whirlwind of a couple weeks. We originally planned on selling our house and moving this coming fall. She spotted pretty much her ideal house on Zillow, so the process got jumpstarted in a hurry. We made a contingent offer on said house on January 4th and it was countered for less than 1% more, so we accepted that one. Then came selling our house before we ran out of time to close on the new house. I figured ours wouldn't move since it's the dead of winter, and we're in the middle of nowhere essentially(Ohio/Indiana area with nothing but farmland in every direction). We got ours listed on the 6th. We were offered full price on the 9th. We accepted that for obvious reasons. Now we're just waiting on inspections and such.

I got lucky with our house that I'm selling. I bought it as a foreclosure for 90k in 2013. If everything goes through, we'll have sold it for 130k. Our current house is a 40 year old one story ranch with barely over 1500 square feet. The new house is over 3k square feet, and 20 years newer, for 208k and fully updated. I can't wait. Gotta love non-coastal or major city pricing.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm closing on a house at the end of February. For my USDA-RD loan all the lender wanted was the typical two years of tax returns and W-2s, two months of bank statements, and one month of pay stubs. I'm sure VA isn't going to want much more than that, since they're both federally backed.

My wife and I went through a whirlwind of a couple weeks. We originally planned on selling our house and moving this coming fall. She spotted pretty much her ideal house on Zillow, so the process got jumpstarted in a hurry. We made a contingent offer on said house on January 4th and it was countered for less than 1% more, so we accepted that one. Then came selling our house before we ran out of time to close on the new house. I figured ours wouldn't move since it's the dead of winter, and we're in the middle of nowhere essentially(Ohio/Indiana area with nothing but farmland in every direction). We got ours listed on the 6th. We were offered full price on the 9th. We accepted that for obvious reasons. Now we're just waiting on inspections and such.

I got lucky with our house that I'm selling. I bought it as a foreclosure for 90k in 2013. If everything goes through, we'll have sold it for 130k. Our current house is a 40 year old one story ranch with barely over 1500 square feet. The new house is over 3k square feet, and 20 years newer, for 208k and fully updated. I can't wait. Gotta love non-coastal or major city pricing.
Dem prices...fuck me I wished I lived in no where land