Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess im really fucked sincethat's my wife's ladder. Her dad insisted she have a little giant, no way I'm paying 300 for an 8 ft ladder.

Picasso3

I called the builder up and told him i was going to cut his throat with my corroded copper pipes and he told me that unistrut was permagreen coated and there's a manufacturers memo specifically noting its usage for copper to inhibit galvanic action.

Picasso3

I stay chubbed.

I am going to try mash 6" shallow ic cans in a 16" 2x12 bay with 2 8" insulated flexible ducts in it, if i succeed i may erupt.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Has anyone installed a steam shower before? Is there a whole lot of hidden shit or does it install into the pre-existing plumbing pretty easy?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You'll have to have a location for the steam generator itself, which will have a pretty high power requirement (will need 208 power). Not sure on the exact size of the steam gen, but it'll be at least a foot or two each dimension. It is absolutely not a plug and play type of installation. You'd be ripping out walls in all likelihood, unless there's an unfinished basement below.

This is the first manufacturer that came to mind. Feel free to look up their installation and operation manuals and familiarize yourself:Relax-a-Mist Quality Steam Bath Equipment

Just the generator itself is probably going to be around a grand. By the time you install it, power it, and do whatever other work you need to do it's probably going to be 3-5k. Unless it's some jerry-rigged piece of shit system. Steaming water takes a shitload of energy/power.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What is a steam shower? Does that turn your shower into a quasi-sauna? If so, I can't imagine most bathrooms(drywall, paint, etc) would do too well with that much steam/humidity regularly.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, basically the generator has it's own water supply and a pipe to a nozzle down around the bottom of the shower. The shower stall itself should essentially be sealed, or close to it, with only maybe a gap of a couple inches around the top. The nozzle essentially spews out steam in to the shower stall. The original shower head, piping etc remains the same.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
When I redo my master bath I hope to tile every surface and put a steam shower in. I love steam showers, I love to sit in steam.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What is a steam shower? Does that turn your shower into a quasi-sauna? If so, I can't imagine most bathrooms(drywall, paint, etc) would do too well with that much steam/humidity regularly.
I believe it is completely self contained so you aren't pouring steam all over your entire bathroom

Picasso3

Uncle did one. Did floor to ceiling glass to completely enclose the panel. 208 or 220/240 may be our equivalent us residential, i think you end up with 208 when you come off 3 phase or some magical shit. I suspect it's something he put it but never uses, i used it and it was cool but just like if you'd left a super hot shower on for a while in a closed room.