Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've heard the people that mud it like to hang it.. and it goes a lot faster with 2 people and I don't have anyone.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Both points are true. But you're not going to get charged more than a grand for mudding regardless of who hangs it. Do it yourself (entirely possible) and save 1,500$.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Uncle did one. Did floor to ceiling glass to completely enclose the panel. 208 or 220/240 may be our equivalent us residential, i think you end up with 208 when you come off 3 phase or some magical shit. I suspect it's something he put it but never uses, i used it and it was cool but just like if you'd left a super hot shower on for a while in a closed room.
Yeah, in the US resi is 120/240 center tapped single phase. Normally 120/208 is 3 phase 4 wire Wye. There are a ton of other variations but those are by far the most common.

I thought that Canada typically had the same voltages and frequency as the US but I could be wrong. Eomer could have meant 120/240 when he said 208, I'm not sure.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
New White Vinyl Fence is almost done on one side of my yard, looks about 1 billion times better than the 30 years old rotting wood fence that was there prior. After the fence I am putting in all new windows, then interior paint, then floors and finally trim.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Regarding the steam unit, if you put it in the basement and then pipe to the second floor or try to hide it in the bathroom, it's going to need to be accessible, have a safe pan, and have that pan piped to a drain. Also definitely going to want to insulate that supply line from the unit to the fixture.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the seal between where my garbage disposal connects to my sink is a bit loose. I have a really slow leak of water trickling down my garbage disposal getting onto the floor of that cabinet. Is there something I need to tighten? I already tightened all the wingnuts on the little gasket deal. Some product I need to buy to try and seal it up? Someone at work recommended maybe plumber's putty?

Picasso3

There's a twist lock connection for the garbage disposal itself and then a 3 screw system to bind the mount up against the sink. I would make sure both of those are tight and if they were I'd take it off and reinstall the drain and mount with new putty.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
There's a twist lock connection for the garbage disposal itself and then a 3 screw system to bind the mount up against the sink. I would make sure both of those are tight and if they were I'd take it off and reinstall the drain and mount with new putty.
Spot on good info right here.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I twisted those pretty tight but its still leaking. I can pull off putty pretty easy and there isn't much left. So it sounds like I'll need to unscrew that and re-putty.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think the seal between where my garbage disposal connects to my sink is a bit loose. I have a really slow leak of water trickling down my garbage disposal getting onto the floor of that cabinet. Is there something I need to tighten? I already tightened all the wingnuts on the little gasket deal. Some product I need to buy to try and seal it up? Someone at work recommended maybe plumber's putty?
I had a slow leak for about 6 months from my garbage disposal/sink and it drove me nuts, couldn't figure out where it was coming from at all. Finally after a while it started leaking 10x more water to the point I would need a bucket underneath, so I got in there and looked around with a flashlight and the side/wall of my garbage disposal had a pin-head sized hole clean through it. I guess the hole probably started so small I couldn't see it and only a tiny amount of water would occasionally drip out during usage of the sink, but it eventually eroded away and became large and noticeable.

So, it may have nothing to do with any of the hoses or connections or seals, it could be the lining of the disposal itself developing a hole.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I had a faucet outdoors that started leaking. The pipe was already bent a little from somebody probably hitting it with the lawnmower while mowing. i didn't want to dick with taking it off an already bent pipe. Plumber looked at it and said I can replace it or....Asked if I had an old string style mop. Yup. He cut a piece off about 6" long and replaced the washer in the faucet and it doesn't leak and is actually a bit tighter now. Quick and easy lol.

Said he was originally from New Orleans and we got to talking. Gave him some boudin out of the freezer. Said thanks, no charge.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a faucet outdoors that started leaking. The pipe was already bent a little from somebody probably hitting it with the lawnmower while mowing. i didn't want to dick with taking it off an already bent pipe. Plumber looked at it and said I can replace it or....Asked if I had an old string style mop. Yup. He cut a piece off about 6" long and replaced the washer in the faucet and it doesn't leak and is actually a bit tighter now. Quick and easy lol.

Said he was originally from New Orleans and we got to talking. Gave him some boudin out of the freezer. Said thanks, no charge.
Reminds me of the time some guy fixed my friends TV... told my friend if you come pick me up and give me a 30 pack of beer I'll do it for free.

TV works great, friend remains anal virgin. Long live the barter system.

Picasso3

I will not be sharing photos of my copper soldering. Plumbing is sneaky expensive compared to elec. 230 bucks tonight on all the shit to hopefully plumb this bathroom and bar sink tonight, 40 bucks in sink shutoff valves

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I will not be sharing photos of my copper soldering. Plumbing is sneaky expensive compared to elec. 230 bucks tonight on all the shit to hopefully plumb this bathroom and bar sink tonight, 40 bucks in sink shutoff valves
You don't need to make it pretty, but it feels mighty good when it does look nice. In my last house I did a bathroom on the second floor that had something like 160 solder joints. Did the whole thing and had one leak. That was a freaking success in my mind.