Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Called the town they said there had been some roadwork recently which can cause temporary rises in Iron levels when pipes get "shaken".
i mean that actually sounds right

since you don't have a contaniment issue or maybe you do, do you have a tds meter?
TDS Meter, 3 in 1 TDS, EC & Temperature Meter, Accurate & Reliable PPM Meter, Digital Water Testing kits for Drinking Water Quality, Tap, Well, Swimming Pool, Aquarium, RO/DI System, Hydroponics

but if you just want better tasting water for you and tenent, buy a brita water filter, it's the easiest low effort way to get better tasting water, brita water tastes the best b/c it's just activated carbon to take out the funk.

if you want still low effort and filter out some tds, you can try the pur and zero water filters

and then going up from there requires plumbing and ro water

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I already use a PUR water filter. My water tastes fine, I think she is just maybe "sensitive" to slightly high iron levels? Like some people are sensitive to Brussel Sprouts?

They don't usually complain so when they do I actually take it seriously and check things out, but I really can't taste any difference in the water, maybe if I try really hard and trick myself there is a slightly metallic aftertaste.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tree guys crushed a "half tree?" and also w/ the tree gone my lack of landscaping is showing and i have dead rose bushes

do i just remove them like so?

and just buy and plant new ones now?

also can i just remove the old bush and just burn it in my fire pit? i don't see the harm

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Roses are so overrated. My house has tons of them from previous owners. They flower for like a week a year and otherwise just create puncture hazards for pets and kids. I'm ripping mine up and putting in a storage platform for my trash bins.

Anyone in LA who wants a dozen mature, "heirloom" rose bushes can have them.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Roses are so overrated. My house has tons of them from previous owners. They flower for like a week a year and otherwise just create puncture hazards for pets and kids. I'm ripping mine up and putting in a storage platform for my trash bins.

My mother in laws roses bloom for practically half the year. They aren't babied, but definitely get regular attention along with the rest of the flowers/plants they have around the house.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

that is true, i don't really care for roses, just replacing what i lost, i don't know landscaping or shit, guess i'll just buy whatever is here for set it and forget it shrubs?

actually this place has it by zone, i'll use that

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
that is true, i don't really care for roses, just replacing what i lost, i don't know landscaping or shit, guess i'll just buy whatever is here for set it and forget it shrubs?

actually this place has it by zone, i'll use that
From that first link, I'd avoid their top 2. Boxwood suck ass, I have 4 of them near my front porch, and they're going to go out asap. There's some stupid little insect that basically spends its whole life cycle on the leaves. It looks like you constantly have a cloud of Mosquitoes hovering around each one. I'm sure I could spray something, but what's the point for such an unremarkable shrub. Also not a fan of Arborvitae, especially not next to a house, they can get to be over 30 ft tall.

I've had really good luck with peonies, although there's not much there once they bloom in the spring. I also like hardy hibiscus.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>

Roses are gay
They're too much work
Save your money
And don't be a dork

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Vegas lawn?
Not in vegas but close. 90 tons of 3/4 red rock in the front yard. Type 2 everywhere else. Backyard LOTS of type 2, little landscaped area with fake grass in the back. Pay a guy once a year in February to spray weed killer on it all and that's pretty much my yard work.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Deck guys have actually been showing up thankfully but man do they work slow. They left.all their tools here so I know they're actually working now n

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
man raking up the embedded leaves and twigs took all morning, the tree guys took away the stuff on top of the lawn but all these twigs were embedded into the soil

so i noticed, my house gets warmer faster now, but also i didn't wake up to no birds, i guess they were all using my tree as a sanctuary