Home Improvement

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Your confusion echoes mine

There's 4 feet holes for piling under there somewhere. I mean that top part is like the base of the deck and that's what they did. It makes no sense!!!!!
I hate to break it to you but I think you've been had at some level. I'm surprised they even did anything at this point.

I do see the holes now. But generally I would expect people to put in sono tubes, bring in concrete and set them and build up, not hang it on temp 2x4s and attach after.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I hate to break it to you but I think you've been had at some level. I'm surprised they even did anything at this point.

I do see the holes now. But generally I would expect people to put in sono tubes, bring in concrete and set them and build up, not hang it on temp 2x4s and attach after.
Agreed.

I'm thankful I only paid half but I'm going down the bad path now.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hi Frens. I am retarded with money, but this seems particularly retarded.

I need to put a new roof on my house. I knew that when I bought it. Because of the style of house, it's kind of expensive. I got 5 quotes, and the one I plan to go with is $32,000. I could pay out of pocket for it, but I'd prefer to keep that money on hand and accessible so I applied for a loan for ~$25k.

Does this seem absolutely fucking insane? I'd plan to pay it off in <10 years, but if it went the full 20 I'd end up paying back 180%?

I don't really know what's normal here so I'm asking

1729096008732.png

1729095983402.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seems to me you should pay for it out of pocket, if you have the means to do so. And if some unforeseen shit hits the fan, apply for a loan for that instead.

Does the roofing contractor not offer payment plans?

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I could pay out of pocket for it, but I'd prefer to keep that money on hand and accessible

Bad idea. Don't take on unnecessary debt. What exactly are you imagining you might do that's worth paying an extra $18,000 to hold the option open? IMO you're far better off staying debt-free and either expanding income or knuckling down to save if you need more money in the medium-term future.

Does this seem absolutely fucking insane?

Yes.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's current interest rates. If you want a loan it's going to be in that ballpark. What's killing you here is the term, though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That's a lot cheaper than a personal loan for non-housing related shit. Interest rate on those types of loans are horrible.

How much do you need for the custody fight? And why?
I'm $20k deep so far in the lawyer fees and we haven't even gone to trial yet. She's dragging it out. Oregon will not award joint custody unless both parents agree, and she won't agree because she's pissed off at me for getting engaged to someone else. My preference is joint custody by a long shot, but now I'm seeking custody and 50/50 parenting time because she won't agree to joint custody. I'm afraid she's going to do everything she can to retaliate if she's awarded custody, including moving

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hi Frens. I am retarded with money, but this seems particularly retarded.

I need to put a new roof on my house. I knew that when I bought it. Because of the style of house, it's kind of expensive. I got 5 quotes, and the one I plan to go with is $32,000. I could pay out of pocket for it, but I'd prefer to keep that money on hand and accessible so I applied for a loan for ~$25k.

Does this seem absolutely fucking insane? I'd plan to pay it off in <10 years, but if it went the full 20 I'd end up paying back 180%?

I don't really know what's normal here so I'm asking

View attachment 552897

View attachment 552896
That’s something you pay off in 12 months, not 10-20 years.