Homesteading and Hobby Farm/Ranch

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have some spirea that have gone crazy and flop over really badly if there's even a decent rain. Was thinking about using some twine to bundle them half way up the stalks. Any other recommendations? I feel like we'd have to trim away over half the plant otherwise.

Sludig

Potato del Grande
1728525574869.png

Bought a cow, will see how poorly this goes.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Sludig

Potato del Grande
Thats awesome, white is so rare. Congrats, she's beautiful.
Breeder breeds for them, as i understand it's not to breed standards for purists. Would have been 2400 papered but I'm not real worried about commercial though at some point may try to breed us some beef steers

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fed the animals this morning, on the way in I opened the door to the egg boxes to grab some eggs for breakfast. There sits a motherfucking skunk just grinning at me.

Everything goes into slow motion. I back up going oh shit oh shit oh shit shit

Somehow I get away. A freaking miracle. getting sprayed by a skunk will seriously ruin your day, or month. A wise man would count himself lucky and maybe go buy a lottery ticket.

Me, on the other hand, I went and got my 22 and doubled down. I grabbed a long stick and opened the door from a distance. Miraculously he still didnt spray, although he got into position. At that point it was just a question of waiting for the headshot to present itself.

Fucking skunks. Gotta be the worst of all farm pests. Because even in an unusually successful encounter, somehow I still smell skunk after its all said and done. Its like no matter what, he wins in the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Potato del Grande
Fed the animals this morning, on the way in I opened the door to the egg boxes to grab some eggs for breakfast. There sits a motherfucking skunk just grinning at me.

Everything goes into slow motion. I back up going oh shit oh shit oh shit shit

Somehow I get away. A freaking miracle. getting sprayed by a skunk will seriously ruin your day, or month. A wise man would count himself lucky and maybe go buy a lottery ticket.

Me, on the other hand, I went and got my 22 and doubled down. I grabbed a long stick and opened the door from a distance. Miraculously he still didnt spray, although he got into position. At that point it was just a question of waiting for the headshot to present itself.

Fucking skunks. Gotta be the worst of all farm pests. Because even in an unusually successful encounter, somehow I still smell skunk after its all said and done. Its like no matter what, he wins in the end.
Luckily hadn't had the pleasure yet despite being in the area. hell all kinds of coon and dillo first year, now nothing at all other than mice problems which is tough since i don't want to poison or trap hit my chickens or dogs

Sludig

Potato del Grande
Always struggle with genetic stuff.

So mine is hetero polled. I understood that to be 50/50 polled calves. If the bull is Homo polled wouldnt that reduce it to 25% change? Then another hetero would still basically be 50/50 or fuck if I can understand this. (Because a full horned genetic bull would bring that 50/50 up I'd think?)