Homesteading and Hobby Farm/Ranch

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Exactly.

Just shook us a little because it was so deep into property and no where near a road we are normally pretty comfortable down there.
Always go armed. Be it to protect against a predator with four legs or two. Walking the dogs in the woods I could run into a bear, boar, or homeless guy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Exactly.

Just shook us a little because it was so deep into property and no where near a road we are normally pretty comfortable down there.
Don’t underestimate how crazy people are around this. I’ve literally had cars drive into the woods of my property, bikers just ride on in and start hitting my trails.

I’ve found over time that establishing myself here that maybe my reputation for not appreciating trespassers has spread and the occurrences have died down. Regardless, like you said it’s pretty shocking especially when people blatantly know they’re trespassing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Always go armed. Be it to protect against a predator with four legs or two. Walking the dogs in the woods I could run into a bear, boar, or homeless guy.
Yeah. When I first got out here it got to the point where I’d open carry when doing property work on weekends. Now days that it’s died down I don’t really. If I do get trespassers though and I’m in the house, I will open carry and ask them if I can help them.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My primary residence is on a river. Every year I go down and cut the tall grass to create a beach area. Usually the same day or that weekend I set up furniture down there. One year I came down about an hour after I cut everything to find people chilling at my beach. The only way to access this area is walking up river. They played dumb, like hey man there were no signs. Yeah, well what about the fence, access via river only and freshly mowed grass.

Another, time I came down to find teenagers chilling on my furniture. Oh, we thought this public? I also have a little island they I have caught kids setting up forts on, only to be bitched out by their Mom after I told them to remove themselves and their property. The Mom was like they aren't hurting anything, I responded yes they are, they are hurting my view. Sorry, I don't want to stare at cardboards boxes when I am trying to enjoy nature.

These neighbors think I am an asshole, that is fine all the other neighbors get invited to my parties and think I am great.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My primary residence is on a river. Every year I go down and cut the tall grass to create a beach area. Usually the same day or that weekend I set up furniture down there. One year I came down about an hour after I cut everything to find people chilling at my beach. The only way to access this area is walking up river. They played dumb, like hey man there were no signs. Yeah, well what about the fence, access via river only and freshly mowed grass.

Another, time I came down to find teenagers chilling on my furniture. Oh, we thought this public? I also have a little island they I have caught kids setting up forts on, only to be bitched out by their Mom after I told them to remove themselves and their property. The Mom was like they aren't hurting anything, I responded yes they are, they are hurting my view. Sorry, I don't want to stare at cardboards boxes when I am trying to enjoy nature.

These neighbors think I am an asshole, that is fine all the other neighbors get invited to my parties and think I am great.
I cut kids a little bit of slack. Kids are gonna be kids. We explored and went places we knew we weren't supposed to go all the time. Adults on the other hand...

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Put up no trespassing signs. I have multiple ones all along my perimeter fence.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Now next time I want wife to hike topless you know because its hot out, its going to be "No there could be some random dude on our property." Freaking death penalty for trespassers

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
In Scotland trespassing is legal. You can just throw a picnic on any private land you want unless it's a farm field or a few other exceptions.

That said, no trespassing signs are a sure sign of a newbie landowner. Something about owning land for the first time gets people all paranoid that there are thousands of jealous strangers that want to invade their property.

• 1Seriously?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In Scotland trespassing is legal. You can just throw a picnic on any private land you want unless it's a farm field or a few other exceptions.

That said, no trespassing signs are a sure sign of a newbie landowner. Something about owning land for the first time gets people all paranoid that there are thousands of jealous strangers that want to invade their property.
Big dogs tend to be one of the best deterrents.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I cut kids a little bit of slack. Kids are gonna be kids. We explored and went places we knew we weren't supposed to go all the time. Adults on the other hand...
Yeah, I didn't yell or get mad at the kids. When I came down they started to scatter, I said woah woah woah chill, no one is in trouble. They were totally fine, their parents even apologized a few weeks later when I happen to run into them. Never had met them before and now I am friends with those parents.

It was the Mom of the kids building a fort, she was a cunt. Guess what? Their house is the shittiest kept in the neighborhood, they don't respect their own property how dare I expect them to respect mine.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
On this very topic, yesterday afternoon my security system detects a vehicle at my garage. I look at it and don’t recognize the vehicle, so I went out to see who it was.

“Hey man we just wanted to check out your house”

My driveway is very long , someone had the balls to drive down that entire freaking driveway right up to my home , “to check it out”. The guy was nice and all and gushing over everything and telling me how much he wants a place like this and he lives in a small condo. I just don’t understand people having so little respect for other people , I didn’t yell at or anything and spent some time talking to him but I had my previous home for 17 years without this kind of shit .

I’m use to what I call “slow rollers” people drive by or stop at road just to look, happens weekends lots of the summer. I won’t even do a u turn onto the apron of a persons drive it seems rude to me .

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
On this very topic, yesterday afternoon my security system detects a vehicle at my garage. I look at it and don’t recognize the vehicle, so I went out to see who it was.

My driveway is very long , someone had the balls to drive down that entire freaking driveway right up to my home , “to check it out”. The guy was nice and all and gushing over everything and telling me how much he wants a place like this and he lives in a small condo. I just don’t understand people having so little respect for other people , I didn’t yell at or anything and spent some time talking to him but I had my previous home for 17 years without this kind of shit .

I’m use to what I call “slow rollers” people drive by or stop at road just to look, happens weekends lots of the summer. I won’t even do a u turn onto the apron of a persons drive it seems rude to me .
Don't worry. Comrade brutal will reducate you shortly.

• 1Worf

Burns

Growing up I lived on a hill that had a long driveway with many bends that snaked up the side of the hill. You couldn't even see the house from the driveway entrance and we had multiple people a year drive up the driveway then turn around in front of the garage. A few said they thought it was the entrance to a camp grounds that was a couple miles away; even though it was a gravel drive, had a single mailbox, no road sign, and a no trespassing sign (although I think the sign often got overgrown).

My parents eventually had to put a remote control gate up. We had electricity in the area already, but if you don't, I've seen a few people around where I live now using solar gate openers, although I am sure the good quality ones are more expensive with more upkeep.

Edit: (quick thought) There is also something to be said about the paranoid big city state of mind, verse the small town and country state of mind. I could see a few family members that have grown up on or near farms driving up to someone's house (in the country) just to see if they wanted to have a chat. Closest thing I can think of is to describe them as how Crocodile Dundee was portrayed as wanting to greet and talk to everyone.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

A segment of our society have grown up with zero respect for property rights. They have been taught it's "everyone's".

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

Welcome to the club, circa my experience 2020-22 the first two years I moved out here. It’s pretty unnerving. It got to the point to where I run about 12 cameras around my property that have alarms. My first deterrent for suspicious people is usually proactively catching them on camera entering and setting every siren off on the property. Surprisingly only about 70% of trespassers seem to care once the sirens go off. Mind blowing isn’t it?

If you want some peace of mind and already haven’t, I’d invest in a camera system that common points of entry on your property (gates, waterways, etc). I use Arlo cameras and have a ubiquiti WiFi network I’ve setup that covers a large portion of my property.

There’s pros and cons to going WiFi/cloud managed vs wired/self managed. I won’t elaborate here unless you’re interested in the topic. It’s brought me a great peace of mind having them.

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

1725111918457.png

1725111959088.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Welcome to the club, circa my experience 2020-22 the first two years I moved out here. It’s pretty unnerving. It got to the point to where I run about 12 cameras around my property that have alarms. My first deterrent for suspicious people is usually proactively catching them on camera entering and setting every siren off on the property. Surprisingly only about 70% of trespassers seem to care once the sirens go off. Mind blowing isn’t it?

If you want some peace of mind and already haven’t, I’d invest in a camera system that common points of entry on your property (gates, waterways, etc). I use Arlo cameras and have a ubiquiti WiFi network I’ve setup that covers a large portion of my property.

There’s pros and cons to going WiFi/cloud managed vs wired/self managed. I won’t elaborate here unless you’re interested in the topic. It’s brought me a great peace of mind having them.
Excited Saved By The Bell GIF
nervous stressed out GIF by happydog

Sludig

Potato del Grande

I mean the u turn I dont mind if they are driving slow and not tearing it up, sometimes county roads are bullshit thin and trying to turn around sucks.

Rest of it, ya go fuck yourself admire all you want from public property.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity