Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The only time I ever had to use traps was on the first Cauldron boss. That thing is a bitch for how early in the game you fight it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You "Sound" like you're at the part you can do the Shield armor quest line. That armor is more than enough to let you wade into shit for at least a few seconds. Though I always thought setting up traps was far more worth it. Follow this guide.
Right after my rant post, I figured out that I can get both power cells and get the Shield Weaver armor or whatever it's called? This apparently lets you take a TON more hits, which is what I'm looking for. To at least feel a little tankier. I'm gonna finish it when I'm back home and play this weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That's some pussy shit. The only correct way to play is in stealth armor.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yeah I never used the power armor, it doesn't even seem good honestly.

Armor that basically doubles your health, and makes that health bar regenerate to full in seconds isn't good? o_O

It's a mini game in and of itself to trick the game into giving it to you right after you finish the starter area too.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're referring to the Shield-Weaver armour, yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Unless you plan on using it in the Frozen Wilds DLC then not so much.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Armor that basically doubles your health
The shield is only 167 health on Very Hard and on 125 Ultra Hard.

It's 500 on Story Mode and 300 on whatever other pussy difficulty there is between that and very hard.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The shield is only 167 health on Very Hard and on 125 Ultra Hard.

It's 500 on Story Mode and 300 on whatever other pussy difficulty there is between that and very hard.
Lets be real here - theres youtube videos out there of people doing the entire game with DLC in base armor on the hardest difficulty. After the player knows how to react and work with each NPC - the game isnt challenging even on "very hard." So lets not pretend that outright avoiding shit with stealth armor, or taking "less" damage with resist gear is all that meaningful. NPC's across the board will still kick your teeth in regardless of your armor if you're playing like shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
22 seconds of HZD2 running on a ps4

embargo lifts on Feb 14th so should see reviews and shit a few days before release

i think i will pick this game up, im kinda bored

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wow. Can’t wait to see that on my ps5!

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

i still haven't preordered HZD2 and probably won't, I know 100% i am playing Elden Ring so why bother picking this up a week before. Zero chance of me finishing in a week, may as well wait

i still haven't even played the DLC :(

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll wait for confirmation on limited inventory, then not buy it until WAY down the road for that reason alone.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm just pissed off because there hasn't been any good footage of her knees. Are they too sharp or what? I cant buy this game until I know

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users