Horizon: Zero Dawn

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Same. The story and characters are either good or they are bad. I personally don't care why they are bad, whether it be a shitty writing team that half assed it or some injected social engineering bullshit.

Just find a reviewer that agees more or less with what you like and use what they say to make your decision. I just doubt that the SJW slant could be nearly bad enough to change whether I would like the game or not.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I look at it like Mad Max Fury Road. The SJWs and feminists loved it. It had a strong female lead/co-lead rescuing chicks from a bunch of evil crazy white dudes. They lauded it as a feminist film, etc. That didn't stop it from being an awesome flick. SJW reviewers beating their dicks to something doesn't automatically make that something bad.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I felt the same way about Life Is Strange.

If what I read is true, this is nothing like that. I'll reserve judgement for when I actually see it for myself though.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'm not saying the story isn't going to be some SJW garbage. Maybe it will be. I'm willing to forgive a lot if the game is good/fun.

spronk

FPS noob
i did play gone home and holy shit that was a trainwreck of SJW fuckery, fortunately the game only took like 40 minutes to play. after that I vowed to never again play a walking simulator game, its gotta have violence

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's been games that are on the opposite side of the whole SJW-agenda nonsense for years and none of you gave a shit near as I can tell. You should probably accept the fact that there's literally people that will try and gain attention/clicks from absolutely everything and just relax the fuck out. The Ghostbusters reboot was offensive because the marketing and actors themselves were being abrasive about it.

There's as many views of the world and society as there are people. Worry less about if people writing about the game conforms to yours and enjoy the video game :p

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm willing to forgive a lot if the game is good/fun.

raw

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
i did play gone home and holy shit that was a trainwreck of SJW fuckery, fortunately the game only took like 40 minutes to play. after that I vowed to never again play a walking simulator game, its gotta have violence
When I was playing this, the entire time I was hoping some serial killer murdered her parents and she was next and after reading some stupid lesbian love note from junior high the dude would jump out of the closet and it would end the game.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There's been games that are on the opposite side of the whole SJW-agenda nonsense for years and none of you gave a shit near as I can tell. You should probably accept the fact that there's literally people that will try and gain attention/clicks from absolutely everything and just relax the fuck out. The Ghostbusters reboot was offensive because the marketing and actors themselves were being abrasive about it.

There's as many views of the world and society as there are people. Worry less about if people writing about the game conforms to yours and enjoy the video game :p

Yeah. This is the biggest thing. Lately anyone turns the most miniscule thing into an SJW/GG war. I always step out of the real world when I play these games and just go with the flow of the story, not "Hey I wonder what the developers were trying to tell us that can relate to the real world!" Every game I play is it's own universe, it's own story, and then with that, it's own history which doesn't relate to real life what so ever.

Unless it was Gone Home. That's the only one where I was like.... "Really? Where is Michael Myers when you need him"

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
There's been games that are on the opposite side of the whole SJW-agenda nonsense for years and none of you gave a shit near as I can tell.
How would you define opposite side of "Whole SJW-agenda nonsense"?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Usually it's fine. A game like Life is Strange is good in how it handles it.

Krem from Dragon Age is not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it, but it probably won't be necessary on lower difficulties and lesser creatures. I haven't watched any gameplay vids outside of the ones linked here, but it seems like the only time weapon/element switching happens is during fights with big baddies like the thunder jaw.