Horizon: Zero Dawn

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So it was 300,000 days from Gaia going online to Aloy being created, but when did the actual repopulation begin? I remember the part where the kids were kicked out into the wild because the bunker was out of food, but it wasn't clear to me when exactly that was.

Ted Faro's office at FAS indicates that it's been approximately 985-1000 years since the murderbot apocalypse. Some other datafile says that GAIA started repopulating the world with humans at about 300 years after it started terraforming. It took 50 to crack the code of the murderbots and make the world safe from them via MINERVA.

Aloy was created approximately 20 years before current events. After HADES was activated and went rogue or whatever.

spronk

FPS noob
i've died from fall damage, but you can definitely ski down a slope and avoid it if you are smart. but just leap off a tall ledge and your chances of survival are slim

i dunno how you guys finished so fast, i'm putting in hours but i do all the side quests and all the vantage points, tall thingies, etc before i progress the main story - level 45 and haven't moved the main quest past meridian. anyways think I am closing in, can't wait to finish and read all these fucking spoilers

really enjoyed the cauldrons, that and the tall robot strider things are my faves so far

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I didn't mean jumping straight down, just going from rock to rock like a set of 20-30' high steps. Also if you've got the skill that slows down time while aiming in the air you can use that to fall very long distances and take no damage. I didn't use it much because that and the skill below it were literally the last two things I unlocked.

I finished it, got the platinum, and pretty much 100% completion except for a few data scans, but it took me about 50-60 hours I'd guess. If more games had trophies like Horizon I might actually bother with that shit (though it is strange that there isn't one for Very Hard difficulty).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yep, save data was corrupted, online backups for some of them, but even some of them were corrupted =/

Fucking even more awesome looking game with HDR *drool*

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
If you make an errand for a specific item then it seems it's a guaranteed drop. I've yet to not get the item I was questing on my first kill.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i bought this game. With Destiny being completely irrelevant, FF15 boring as shit, Bloodborne confusing, and FFXIV releasing expansion in 2-3 month, this is probably a good game to play.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I am almost done, I think 1 more evening.

Just did the first point of no return...and that was fucking awesome. Such incredible world building, and amazing way to deliver it.

I can't wait to finish it, but at the same time I don't want it to end.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I am almost done, I think 1 more evening.

Just did the first point of no return...and that was fucking awesome. Such incredible world building, and amazing way to deliver it.

I can't wait to finish it, but at the same time I don't want it to end.

You probably have two more evenings.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's taking me a long time, I'm at the 59 hours mark right now. Still enjoying it, only main story left to do I think, unless some side quests open up during the main quest.

It's been a while that I've played a game 50+ hours and wasn't getting bored by the end.

I'm really enjoying the way the story is unfolding.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Without spoiling anything I will say there were several plot elements in the game that I thought were going to go the way of cliche-ridden hackneyed story elements that went a completely different and fairly logical way. These were all fairly minor elements of the overall plot but served to enhance the world building immensely as it helped the suspension of disbelief.

I did several Main Quest elements yesterday and got to the "no turning back" point so I'm gonna go and finish off the other side stuff and finish maximizing my gear. During a particularly explosive multi-critter melee last night a whole flight of geese somehow managed to get caught in the eruption. While I was running around looting the remains at the end of the battle I found a bunch of geese corpses in a perfect V formation.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wire is the bane of my existence, shit never drops and I refuse to spend my precious shards on it!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At one point I started to actively hunt critters that have a high wire component drop rate. Lately I've managed to achieve a steady state with my materials gathering / usage through normal activity such that I haven't needed farm common things lately.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've never had any of the resources issues that some of you have had. I almost exclusively use the Hunter Bow, Sharpshooter Bow and Blast Slingshot. Occasionally the Tripcaster or Ropecaster. I've never used the Rattler and I don't really like the Tearblaster either.

Stacking fire damage on the hunter bow is the most efficient IMO. the DOT does insane damage to creatures weak to it. Which is the body of most machines once you get the armor off.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought I was done with the game and randomly came across another quest called Acquired Taste while getting the final trophy I needed, that I haven't seen on any side quest lists and had no idea it existed.

Pretty cool quest chain too.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I use sharpshooter alot and just never have enough wire to build more than like 20 arrows. I try to kill everything in my path.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm so glad this game turned out excellent. So many times you get pretty E3 footage and the final product ends up being shit (HI2U EVERYTHING UBISOFT DOES ESPECIALLY WATCH_DOGS) but not this time. Doubly nice being a brand new franchise that has potential for lots of future games and story growth.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I did several Main Quest elements yesterday and got to the "no turning back" point so I'm gonna go and finish off the other side stuff and finish maximizing my gear. During a particularly explosive multi-critter melee last night a whole flight of geese somehow managed to get caught in the eruption. While I was running around looting the remains at the end of the battle I found a bunch of geese corpses in a perfect V formation.

Just as a FYI, but once you finish the main quest line it puts you back in the game right before the last quest, so you can finish the main campaign and then go back and get all the achievements no problem, even the All Allies Joined one which is probably the worst one.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I had a hard time getting motivated to do some of the sidequests.

I'm enjoying every aspect, doing every quest I come across, full-sunned (or whatever the "gold" medal is) the hunter lodges I find, etc. Not a problem of motivation, I've just become such a casual gamer as I age that it's going to take me forever to finish a game of this size :p tons of fun doing it, though!

I'm only a little over 10% done on the stats page I think...