Horizon: Zero Dawn

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
even the All Allies Joined one which is probably the worst one.

It's really not that bad, you just have to do all the important character sidequests and errands. People were saying before that you have to choose only heart responses but that's not true. I only picked brain ones ever (except the very last one, fist is the only acceptable response there) and got it anyway. People on reddit said that fist responses work too, so the people involved don't even need to really like you.

Doesn't matter if you dueled Nil either.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That trophy is very forgiving. Do all the side quests (i did them after the ending) rest for the night, then Blamo it unlocks.

THe only hard attachment i had was scanning all the machines. I forgot to scan (or it did not take) the corruptors so by the time i figured it out, i had killed them all.
Had to do the final battle again to get the last one to pop.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
OMG, this fucking game!

74 hours start to finish and loved every minute. I was worried about the story shitting the bed at the end but it did just the opposite and left me wanting to know what happens next. This is easily the best IP in years and they could take it in so many directions. If the sequel(s) writing is as smart as this game they've got a bonafide hit franchise on their hands. I don't think Sony really realized what they had here, but I guarantee you by the time the second rolls around they are going to go all out, this is their next huge franchise. GOTY!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
90% completion in less than a week. Game is that good. Havent done that kind of play-through in years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So, do the electric arrows only stun the dinos when they are not in combat?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, do the electric arrows only stun the dinos when they are not in combat?

Pretty sure it just depends on the weakness of a particular dino. Stalkers are weak to Electric Arrows and you can shoot them as they charge at you and it brings them right down to the ground for a Crit Strike. You can then Hard Spear them into a knockdown and Crit Strike them again in a nice chain combo.

Thunderjaws and the rock assholes are the most annoying dinos though. You can really fuck up a thunderjaw if you make sure to knock off the disc launchers and fuck his shit up with them. That's my strategy anyway.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I initiated a fight with a Sawtooth from stealth with an electric arrow and it stunned him, but I tried to stun mid fight to buy me some time to put some distance between us and got my butthole jammed. Maybe it was a fluke.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty sure it just depends on the weakness of a particular dino. Stalkers are weak to Electric Arrows and you can shoot them as they charge at you and it brings them right down to the ground for a Crit Strike. You can then Hard Spear them into a knockdown and Crit Strike them again in a nice chain combo.

Thunderjaws and the rock assholes are the most annoying dinos though. You can really fuck up a thunderjaw if you make sure to knock off the disc launchers and fuck his shit up with them. That's my strategy anyway.

Freeze a Thunderjaw and one full load from its disc launcher will kill it. It has cannisters underneath you can blow up with freeze arrows for an instant-freeze.

For the rock assholes, if you sneak when they are underground, they can't find you. Makes it way, way easier.

I initiated a fight with a Sawtooth from stealth with an electric arrow and it stunned him, but I tried to stun mid fight to buy me some time to put some distance between us and got my butthole jammed. Maybe it was a fluke.

I would say that you hit a capacitor with a lightning arrow and it blew up for an instant stun, but Sawteeth don't have capacitors. Are you using triple/double arrows? It's possible your out of stealth shot hit it's body but the in-combat shots were hitting its armor. It does make a difference.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Thunderjaws haven't given me a problem, they are easy to disarm, and have this huge weak spot on the side where a 3 Arrow shot does over 1K damage, the rock dude that burrows underground are the most annoying ones. I haven't found an efficient strategy against them.

Good thing they gated the Ancient Armor behind the storyline because that thing is WAY overpowered. I can walk to a sawtooth in plain sight and melee it to death without taking any damage. :)

I should finish it tonight. I'm still impress by the story and their ability to always throw in a minor twist that I don't see coming, and keeps things interesting. :)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm on the quest where you can get the last power cell for the armor (I looked that up just to see if I was tilting at windmills trying to find them too early) so I know I must be near the end.

I was certainly not expecting the level of storycraft that has gone into something that was billed as 'She-Turok the Robodino Hunter'

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The main Villain(s) if you will are extremely well done.

Helis is awesome. His complete and utter devotion to the Sun and Shadow religion leaves him with the surreal, creepy and strange kind of tranquility at all times. You can really tell how he utterly believes in everything he is doing and through audio logs we know that he spent painstaking years destroying all of his perceived weaknesses between himself and his faith.

Ted Faro is an amazing villain in his banality. Essentially an evil Steve Jobs who is just... a boring CEO who wanted to make more and more money. Overlooking ethics and morality and common sense to create a machine that would end the world. The doubles down on his retardation through his guilt. In doing so jeopardizes Zero Dawn entirely. It is a wonder that the current state of humanity lives at all. You hate Ted more and more just because he isn't evil. Just boring. Having no ill will or hatred.

Just think about this one a moment. After destroying APOLLO the humans born in the Creche like All-Mother (possibly NORAD) didn't have any real training by the servitors. Maybe rudimentary care at BEST. So these kids just sat in there eating and learning some language skills by whatever was left of the servitors functions then at some time when the food was running low they were just cast out into the wilds. Forced to find a way to survive. Crazy shit.

Been a long time since i came across villains that I really liked. HADES is a robot with no personality really so I don't count it too heavily compared to the other two. HADES is no Sovereign from ME.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The main Villain(s) if you will are extremely well done.

Helis is awesome. His complete and utter devotion to the Sun and Shadow religion leaves him with the surreal, creepy and strange kind of tranquility at all times. You can really tell how he utterly believes in everything he is doing and through audio logs we know that he spent painstaking years destroying all of his perceived weaknesses between himself and his faith.

Ted Faro is an amazing villain in his banality. Essentially an evil Steve Jobs who is just... a boring CEO who wanted to make more and more money. Overlooking ethics and morality and common sense to create a machine that would end the world. The doubles down on his retardation through his guilt. In doing so jeopardizes Zero Dawn entirely. It is a wonder that the current state of humanity lives at all. You hate Ted more and more just because he isn't evil. Just boring. Having no ill will or hatred.

Just think about this one a moment. After destroying APOLLO the humans born in the Creche like All-Mother (possibly NORAD) didn't have any real training by the servitors. Maybe rudimentary care at BEST. So these kids just sat in there eating and learning some language skills by whatever was left of the servitors functions then at some time when the food was running low they were just cast out into the wilds. Forced to find a way to survive. Crazy shit.

Been a long time since i came across villains that I really liked. HADES is a robot with no personality really so I don't count it too heavily compared to the other two. HADES is no Sovereign from ME.

After the debacle that will be Mass Effect Andromeda, I really hope that....

We see an expansion or new game surrounding some weird plot twists with APOLLO.[/quote]

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For Rockbreakers I've been removing there digging claws then destroying either the Blaze cans on them, or taking potshots at the engine/exhaust system(game calls it just a exhaust system)

Stormbirds ropecaster, destroy the thunder gun, remove flight engines, then start popping blaze/freeze cans.

Thunderjaws are probably the easiest, still trying to figure out how to pop the Power cells they have on them, the freeze can's I've popped several times, but the power cells in the tail are just a pain to get too.

Behemoths pop face echo shells, remove item canister(1 tearblast will strip it right off), then pop freeze/power cells

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
After the debacle that will be Mass Effect Andromeda, I really hope that....

We see an expansion or new game surrounding some weird plot twists with APOLLO.

Or how about
One of the "vaults" of the top companies/governments manage to stick it out and enter the world with the knowledge of the ancients and start taking over

OR

The ship that supposedly blew up returns with the prototype Apollo in charge and starts causing issues

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I have this strange feeling that only the "software" version of APOLLO was deleted, the fossilized data fragments they made, are still around..(maybe DLC?)

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
You can also just powerblast a piece off a powerful enemy, run far enough away that they de aggro, and rinse and repeat. pretty cheesy but easy way to defeat just about every dino boss. I'm glad there are like a hundred ways to cheese fights, I am not looking for Dark Robo Souls here.

Played 7 hours today non stop from morning to afternoon, last game I did that was probably uncharted collection. definitely hooked, just got main story line to finish and then I think I am done. It doesn't look like you need to upgrade all your ammo pouches to max for the plat trophy, if anyone hates doing that shit. Only weird one off trophy I've seen is having to kill all the deer training dummies in the Nora starting zone, there are 23 total and pretty easy to do anytime. The rest of the trophies should come naturally if you just do everything.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Or how about
One of the "vaults" of the top companies/governments manage to stick it out and enter the world with the knowledge of the ancients and start taking over

OR

The ship that supposedly blew up returns with the prototype Apollo in charge and starts causing issues

Yeah! :) I love how they can go so many different routes.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have this strange feeling that only the "software" version of APOLLO was deleted, the fossilized data fragments they made, are still around..(maybe DLC?)

I totally thought this too when they said that APOLLO was encapsulated in DNA as storage. How did Ted remotely delete a fucking DNA database? It must exists somewhere still and the software was just the means to access it.

But yeah, Far Horizon returning. Fortune 5 Fallout Vault finding some way to survive the past thousand years. They can do soooo much with this franchise.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finished it, very satisfying ending to an awesome game. After credit scene wasn't entirely unexpected, looking forward to what they'll do next.