Horizon: Zero Dawn

spronk

FPS noob
finished the game and platinum'd it tonight, I think i played today for like 16 hours which I haven't done since like world of warcraft. fucking amazing story and world , loved every moment of it. Sure, there were moments of "women are awesome aren't we!!" kinda eye rolls but it was pretty rare and I never felt like I was being shit on as a dude. All the little data files and holograms and stuff really did an amazing job filling in the details of the world.

I so want a TV show based on this universe

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finished here too. Sooo freaking good. They left enough hooks that they can mine this IP for a good long while having built an amazing new game world.

It's only March but I feel this may already be game of the year for me.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Itll be a tall order for another game to beat out this game. Which, if something does.. then f'n great! haha!

Im just curious if we'll see a Horizon story that is based off Sylen and that small part of the world ala DLC, Sylen and the larger part of the world via an entirely new release or what? I mean there are so many directions, like others have said, that they can take this game. We only saw a small part of the world in this game, and the lore hinted at so much more. Then if you went to the map edges, following the roads, paths would be blocked via gates etc.

I ended up getting most of my money back for the games purchase and effectively played it for 10 bucks. If DLC does come out for it, Ill just have to find another copy for the cheap. But if you plan on playing the game for little to no cost, then you better get on the ball now before the price falls too fast.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I bought this game for $71 from Amazon and traded to eb games on double trade in value day for $80.
Finished in a week, plat the next day.

This might be the best overall gaming experience of my adult life.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished it last night. I'll probably platinum it tonight or this weekend. Worth every fucking penny. Amazing game, from the weapons to the machines to the story.

It's weird, I somewhat fell out of love with gaming with for a long while due to what I believed to be a lack of quality. And then I get hit by 3 of the best games I've ever played: Bloodborne, TW3, and HZD.

Should I trade this puppy in? I don't see a reason for holding onto it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
trade it in, while they do have story DLC plans you are looking at 6+ months and there really isn't much reason to replay the game

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finished it last night. I'll probably platinum it tonight or this weekend. Worth every fucking penny. Amazing game, from the weapons to the machines to the story.

It's weird, I somewhat fell out of love with gaming with for a long while due to what I believed to be a lack of quality. And then I get hit by 3 of the best games I've ever played: Bloodborne, TW3, and HZD.

Should I trade this puppy in? I don't see a reason for holding onto it.

I completely agree, I had been out of love with gaming for a long time now, maybe 5+ years and I just finished the Witcher 3 and now moved on to this. This is where games should have been that long ago, I hope these companies are realizing this and starting to step it up. I have hope for the future again.

I guess I need to play Bloodborne.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am reminded of "ReCore". When Microsoft pulled the plug on it and released it quietly as a bargain bin title last fall me and a buddy were trying to figure out why. The game was pretty decent but clearly not done and I speculated at the time that perhaps Microsoft had gotten word that Horizon: Zero Dawn, which has a similar premise, was looking really good.

I am in a very weird gaming frame of mind. I purchased HZD just as something to tide me over until Mass Effect came along and it now looks like HZD was a lot more "Mass Effect" than the game coming out next week will be.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Trade it in bros, get that $$ while its still big.

in a year buy the GOTY edition with all the DLC on a sale day.
Did the same with FO4. To buy the whole thing again (Full game with DLC) cost me $5 less than DLC retail price.

Be patient plan your gaming and watch for sales and trade in promotions.
So many good games coming out to play, not to mention I know your like me and have a backlog 20 deep.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well time to buy, based on what I'm reading here.

(I just saw this! lol)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Interesting AMA, albiet the usual fodder for things like that..

Diffenetly wouldn't mind a Death Seeker DLC, seems that Rost went way farther then Aloy ever went, or more on the subs systems of GAIA.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So how do you avoid Stormbird when they do that uh, hop attack in a series towards you?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So how do you avoid Stormbird when they do that uh, hop attack in a series towards you?

If you are talking the dive attack? You have to take out the 6 engines. Use Tearblast Arrrows to take out the middle area also.

I actually had a lot of fun using the ropecaster on this one. Tie it down, and would go slow mo, than blast away at the cannisters.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time I fought it I would sprint then roll out of the way, timing on the roll is the key though. Also what Utnayan said.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you are talking the dive attack? You have to take out the 6 engines. Use Tearblast Arrrows to take out the middle area also.

I actually had a lot of fun using the ropecaster on this one. Tie it down, and would go slow mo, than blast away at the cannisters.
To build on this, tying them down and if you have the one that blasts off armor (basically a fucking shotgun) just use that and blow away the engines.

I remember the first time I fought one of those, it aggroed the fucking chargers and glinthawks by the nearby training grounds. Fuck. That.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Honestly had more deaths because of the fucking camera than I've had of anything else. Only fought like 3 stormbirds throughout my playthrough so I am not used to dealing with them. Seem to be way less common than Thunderjaw. Fight those so often I fuck them up bad.

Not the dive attack that's the easy one. Its where they just sort of walk towards you and do a small leap. Then do it again right after you roll out of the way of it. Just super fucking annoying.

I think my worst fight in this game on very hard was the Zeta Cauldron where you fight the Thunderjaw. Which is shitty only because that area is SUPER tiny.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I love how the autosaves are right when I'm in front of an enemy, so every time I load into the game and I'm texting I get ass rammed by something because I wasn't staring at the screen.