Horizon: Zero Dawn

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Reminded me of about 2,343 character interaction one on one's in the Walking Dead in the last 7 years :)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well this looks like 1 success on the list of games towards making me buy a PS4. Waiting on GoW and Detroit still, and something I have temporarily spaced out on. Whatever, I will buy a cheap-ass used PS4 and happy to wait for the games to be used too :p

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
UC4, Bloodborne, Nioh, and now HZD (judging by reviews) are all pretty good reasons to get a PS4. TLoU too if you didn't have a PS3 to play it on.

I have HZD preordered but I might end up taking it back. Doubt I will be finished Nioh by the time it comes out, and a week later is Zelda. Lots of good games coming out in a short period of time

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Easy Allies is really good. Its the former guys from GameTrailers.com. As far as I know they never got involved in the SJW GG train and just focus on games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disappointed they went with the "white men = bad, womyn = awesome"...and it seems really obvious. Most reviews I've read/watched all play up the the combat / how the world looks and the premise of the story. So I'll wait til its super cheap if I buy it all. Went and pre-ordered Nier instead.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Nioh was excellent, this looks like it'll be good as well. Add in Zelda, Mass Effect (errr maybe), Persona, new Mario - lots of good looking games on the horizon, glad I beat Nioh already so I can move on to this next week. Amazon preorder is up with the extra $12 off

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Disappointed they went with the "white men = bad, womyn = awesome"...and it seems really obvious.

Really obvious...based off of what exactly? Having a female protagonist? You guys are getting just as bad as the neofags.

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Disappointed they went with the "white men = bad, womyn = awesome"...and it seems really obvious. Most reviews I've read/watched all play up the the combat / how the world looks and the premise of the story. So I'll wait til its super cheap if I buy it all. Went and pre-ordered Nier instead.
Don't get me wrong, I'm as averse to SJW nonsense as anyone, but I've yet to see anything from in-game footage to suggest that this game would fit that description. Maybe you've seen something that I haven't?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really obvious...based off of what exactly? Having a female protagonist? You guys are getting just as bad as the neofags.
Everything I've read via reviews, and the spoiler posted here earlier just make it obvious that the story for this game was written to showcase that white men are evil, which is just so generic that is disappointing. Having a female protagonist has nothing to do with it all.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Everything I've read via reviews, and the spoiler posted here earlier just make it obvious that the story for this game was written to showcase that white men are evil, which is just so generic that is disappointing. Having a female protagonist has nothing to do with it all.
Except none of that happened. All you have is some salty as fuck KIA people who are so virulently anti-sjw that they see it everywhere. I haven't seen any reviews that mention anything of the sort, curious to see where you have seen that

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Glad I have a PS4 Pro and 4K TV, digital foundry is saying this is the best technical game for the PS4 Pro to date
Horizon is a technical masterpiece on PS4 and Pro

I'm bummed i'm not getting an early copy or something, but meh waiting a week is no big deal. If you absolutely want to wait for the best review imo, Angry Joe's hopefully comes out this week. I haven't seen him play on stream yet though.

if you are thinking of buying digital, remember PSN is starting a deal tomorrow -- spend $100 on the PSN store, get $15 back in ~3 weeks. Pre orders count, doesn't have to be a single order just $100 spent between tomorrow (NOT TODAY, starts tomorrow 2/21) until like march 3d.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Grrrr. Been holding off on a PS4Pro and 4K TV since, for the most part, there's not much content that takes advantage of it. But with this game and then Mass Effect in a month I may weaken...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Samsung has some really good deals right now on their quantum dot tvs. 4K with HDR and very low input lag. Tv upstairs just took a nose dive. I replaced it with the one in my bedroom. May have to upgrade to a 65" Samsung quantum downstairs and being the 55" 1080p upstairs to the bedroom. Then buy a ps pro. Lol. Is it that big of a difference? Worth it at this point?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I would have bought a PS4 pro in a heartbeat if it had a 4K blu ray player. Instead I got a Xbox one S and still using my OG PS4

spronk

FPS noob
unfortunately the samsung QLED TVs are on pre order until early march, so even if you wanted it you couldn't get it until mid to late march

price also seems a bit hard to justify, $4500 for the curved 65". I'd expect QLED to be $2k or less next spring. Not sure how much an upgrade it is over the KS8000, which is amazing for the money. The LG OLED (B6 or C6) is also absolutely stunning, thats the one I am thinking of buying next in case my living room TV dies (plz die)
65" Class Q8C Curved QLED 4K TV TVs - QN65Q8CAMFXZA | Samsung US

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm bummed i'm not getting an early copy or something, but meh waiting a week is no big deal. If you absolutely want to wait for the best review imo, Angry Joe's hopefully comes out this week. I haven't seen him play on stream yet though.

AJ was crying on twitter earlier about how he doesn't have a review copy so I wouldn't wait for his review. At the rate he has been putting out reviews lately he won't likely have one for this game for a few weeks. I used to typically agree with alot of his reviews as well but lately he's so late to the party I can't take them seriously anymore.

I have a redbox 1 mile in any direction at any given time where I live so it's easy for me to try before I buy, but this game looks to scratch an itch the Witcher left so I may just go ahead and day 1 buy it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have a ks8500, and personally I'm to the point where I can't see the justification for spending almost $3.5k more than what I paid for a TV. I'm sure the QLED TVs will be better, but diminishing returns and all that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like