Horrible horrible pain.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Get insurance, I don't need to pay for someone else's bills on this forum. I'm already burdened by Sean

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Read my post, I can pay the bills. I'm self employed, and healthy. (was) Made more sense to self insure.

Still here, more tests. Place got super busy

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Next time go to Yahoo Answers and post your Medical Questions there, I here they've got a hugely active completely legit crew of Medical Doctors that can diagnose issues over the internet based on a text post.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It is a fucking chesgburster, make sure it doesnt wvolve into a full aljwn or you'LL DOOM THE PLANET

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Still here... Think they have taken at least half my blood. Pneumonia In left lung. No CT scan, just chest x-ray. Waiting on a ton of blood work and cultures. Dilaudid via IV every few hours. That stuff works!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
hes got a lower internets per post ratio than me, and I'm a pretty worthless poster.

iannis

Musty Nester
Dat pnemonia.

And say ECG intead of EKG. EKG is soooooo 1950's.

For 100% serious, say ECG instead. Electrocardiogram. I suppose the thinking was that "EE-KAY" was more distinct a sound than "EE-CEE" but ain't nobody got time for that shit no more!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dat pnemonia.

And say ECG intead of EKG. EKG is soooooo 1950's.

For 100% serious, say ECG instead. Electrocardiogram. I suppose the thinking was that "EE-KAY" was more distinct a sound than "EE-CEE" but ain't nobody got time for that shit no more!
Dude lets keep it academic (akademic?) and say EKG. Its from ?????? = kard?a = heart and better hope your doc has enough intellectual background to know that and is old school enough to use EKG.

iannis

Musty Nester
See, that doesn't make any sense in this language though.

You're not supposed to call Fallopian tubes Fallopian anymore either or Eustachian tubes Eustachian. You're supposed to call them "stringy girl parts" and "childhood snot funnel" now.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Dude lets keep it academic (akademic?) and say EKG. Its from ?????? = kard?a = heart and better hope your doc has enough intellectual background to know that and is old school enough to use EKG.
I, too, rate my doctors by their knowledge of the history of language

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Iannis, the reason why professionals don't write (and sometimes say) ECG is because it LOOKS similar to EEG. That's why they write EKG.

Sorry Thorne, I meant XR. It does sound like a pretty severe case of pneumonia. What's it look like? Some crazy infiltrate going on?

edit: Are you on clot precautions? Did they put you on heparin? What's your INR/aPTT?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I ended up in the ER a couple months ago from a similar case of pneumonia, that had caused severe pleurisy on my right side. Good stuff.