Horrible horrible pain.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had meningitis once. Junior year in college... I just laid in bed all day until my girlfriend came and took me to the hospital. Doctor said if I came any later I could've died possibly. He then proceeded to do a spinal tap and missed my spine about 5 times and said "wow you have a lot of muscle in your back." Fucking faggot.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Did you ever get your meningitis vaccine before going to college? Going to assume no. =p Don't schools require this? lol

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Your meningitis vaccination only helps against some forms of meningitis not all forms of it, so when you got the vaccine you are better of but not immune to all causes.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
True, but, the vaccine does aid in the most common strain found in college dorms. Though, do colleges even allow juniors in dorms? I know some don't. ;\

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you ever get your meningitis vaccine before going to college? Going to assume no. =p Don't schools require this? lol
I didn't have Meningococcal(the most common/dangerous strand that the vaccine immunizes). I have a defect in my sinuses where I have tiny holes which allows for easy passage of bacteria, and the doctor believed a mild sinus infection was able to slip through and attack my brains. My ENT has suggested surgery but idk if I want to do it, seems like a pain.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
SO much time as passed.. I'm confirming him dead and we will have a rerolled funeral in 3 days. Mods you can lock this bad boy up, Good nigh sweet prince.

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
RIP Thorne

rrr_img_45559.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Iannis, the reason why professionals don't write (and sometimes say) ECG is because it LOOKS similar to EEG. That's why they write EKG.
You know as well as I do that was never a real thing. Doctors are trained to write scribbles in med school as a prophylactic measure against malpractice suits. God bless computers that can discriminate between the letters C and E.

The real skinny is that some guy 50 years ago just thought it looked cooler with a K. And in medicine we give them that for a generation on account of them being so smart, and then we do it properly.

Edit: A man comes into the clinic flushed, short of breath, and complaining of angina. The doc turns to you and says, "Go get the E_G". Do you really stop to ask for clarification? That's all i'm sayin. Not a real thing. I WILL FIGHT THE K/C BATTLE UNTO DEATH.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The battle is lost and we know it, the K was there before the fancy C and we all know oldschool >>> hipster newbs.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You know, Iannis...I always wondered why some professionals use SOB and not dyspnea. They are the exact same thing. I think the only time I really see dyspnea is DOE (on exertion).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just curious what your O2 saturation was, Thorne? If you are alive. Did they put you on Bactrim/Septra?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm being optimistic that hes just been held longer for treatment (he mentioned pneumonia?) and his cell battery died. Who drags their charger to the hospital?

*btw* Who's that? ^^ Any nudes? =D

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
no clue I just did google image search for Thorne and it's basically all pictures of her

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more I look at that pic, the more I realize she looks like she is 12.

Where's Chris Hansen when you need him?