2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
writers after the last ep of the season: "we kinda forgot about the crab guy"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What, GOT was set like 300 years after Aegon landed at KL
Yup, shit just looked up the wiki. Thought it was so much longer but point still stands that we are starting the show after many Targaryen Kings and all the bullshit that happens over those generations rather than GOT after the rebellion.

Still going to give it some more episodes till I write it off as either woke bullshit series or a good adaptation. The season preview looks good as fuck but probably because the Dragons get to fuck shit up. We still have a lot of story to go through. If this works out I'd like to see a series about the first men and the building of the wall. One thing GOT has going for it is the well laid out universe that GRRM wrote. Much like Tolkien.

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we see crab guy again, despite what IMDB says. IMDB is often incomplete or sometimes they'll use a stand-in to shoot a masked scene then use a different actor for the main role. Him not showing up again after Episode 2 in the credits doesn't make me believe we aren't going to meet this crab leader.

They spent too much building it up to just move on to a conflict without any further crabfeeder sighting.
Ya no shit. Three Eyed Raven being the starkest example between season finale and ep 1 of the next.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think we see crab guy again, despite what IMDB says. IMDB is often incomplete or sometimes they'll use a stand-in to shoot a masked scene then use a different actor for the main role. Him not showing up again after Episode 2 in the credits doesn't make me believe we aren't going to meet this crab leader.

They spent too much building it up to just move on to a conflict without any further crabfeeder sighting.

he's in the preview for next episode

At least this episode looks like having more action. Although there's another time jump past wedding and childbirth. Not sure how any army backed by dragons can be "losing"

Juvarisx

Florida
I'd wait at least another week. House of the Dragon still doesn't make the cut into a premium lineup of TV shows. Picard still outperforms it episode per episode.

It's only "serviceable" to fans of GoT right now-- and it's not excelling in that arena either.

Noone who watched s2 of Picard can make this statement with a straight face.

This show is still fine to good depending on the scene and Matt Smith is still the best thing about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I liked this episode better than the first, and it's such a small, seemingly insignificant thing I took for granted, but actually having a title sequence at least helped set the mood. I dead-ass had to look up online whether the premiere even had an opening or if there was something up with my torrent. Nope, the showrunners really just make a lot of dumb decisions like calling it a creative choice. Something is better than nothing, although personally I would have given the classic theme a more appropriate variation at the very minimum.

As jayrebb said, this really did need a two episode release or a longer premiere episode, especially since as arrogant and ignorant as Hollywood is, there's no way they could ignore the season 8 backlash and justifiable skepticism towards a spin-off of a crash landing.The premiere didn't do a great job fleshing out the characters despite their being far fewer to introduce than the original series, but this at least helped a bit more.

E.g. Viserys is fitting more with this characterization, Corlys' backstory as a renowned seafarer is established better, and Rhaenya is coming into her own better - although I still can't shake the Arya X Dany vibe from her writing/directing. The actress at least does a good job, especially with the Valyrian, and she did the unthinkable the first episode by not making me wretch at another, "drakarys." Matt Smith is chewing up the scenery and doing a great job keeping things interesting.

The bridge scene was a bit of a highlight for me, although I'll have to look up a translation because I got about four words out of that French before my brain gave up trying to translate a language I don't understand while being spoke over by a language that's completely made up.

Corlys getting pissy at the King for not marrying his 8 year old looking daughter was kind of hilarious in its own right just because of that awkward scene of King Viserys and Laena meeting for what appeared to be the first time. Like, come on man - them walking together looks like an adult chaperoning someone's kid on Halloween. I completely understand going in that it's a direct plot point and also a historically accurate situation if we're looking at source inspiration, but someone had to look that scene over after filming and admit that the casting made it extra absurd from an audience perspective.

I think we'll see more of Mr. Crabs because they both opened on people being consumed by crabs and then ended on him as well. So long as they keep his impact contained and don't try to Night King his crustacean ass, I'll think it could at least make for some interesting conflict if they delve into what those insane crab people were on about.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This hasnt been anything great but I still think theres some potential. Just been a lot of setup that hopefully mildly pays off.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I had a hard time staying awake during both episodes. Even with evil Doctor Who...

Actually did nod off on episode 2 for a bit, despite trying to hang onto consciousness. Maybe the show should be called "House of the Drag-On..."

Why the hell is there a black Targaryen? I mean I know this is a fantasy world far-far away where they just co-incidentally speak like merry ol' Brits and joust and have "Sers," but shouldn't he be on the auction block or cleaning up the entrails from the competition? Like, just how did he happen?

It's not good so far...

spronk

FPS noob
haven't seen any articles yet connecting Prince Daemon and Dragonstone to Trump and Mar-A-Lago, but I guarantee it'll happen by end of the week.

Daemon took top secret documents an egg, his birthright, to his seaside vacation house with beautiful oceanside views where his exotic foreign wife stays, hid the egg away, and then a bunch of the FBI King's Guard had to come in a raid and take it back. Not sure who Rhany on a dragon is in this fantasy though, AOC driving a Tesla?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The fucking intro is fucking pathetic. Just a pale, claustrophobic and fake imitation of the glorious GOT intro. It has no substance, no symbolism, nothing.

Then, bam, after the intro, that little scene with the dead folks and the crabs....
I really liked that scene, even if not that many people noticed it, I am sure. And the continuation of that scene ended the episode too, and that was amazing.
And I like princess Rhaenyra, the actress is so much better than Daenerys.

They left the 172 years before DAENRYS up there for a weird amount of time and highlighted her name.

Their asshurt over that show not meeting their political agenda is legendary. This almost directly signals to me they're making sure this one will in every way when possible.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Watched the first episode, I thought it was fine, except that lead girl, while acting the part well, does look like she has downs syndrome and it's pretty distracting.

Other than that ya, it's like a downton abbey for dudes.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

11291174974047904718.jpeg

Ran across that on tinder once.

• 4Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

don't know what it takes to get on the list, but feet is always near the top
1661793143902.png

so about 3-4k little girls named Khaleesi out there

1661793404056.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's ironic that people find her appearance distracting when she genuinely looks like she could be the product of generations of Targaryen incest.

• 11Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did you all cash out on this already? I was expecting a hell a lot more bitching after last nights episode.

Mr. Krabs and the dragon bro down was the only scenes of interest and that was all of five minutes of screen time.

Also I’m now in the boat that Princess Underbite was good casting along with Matt Smith.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Did you all cash out on this already? I was expecting a hell a lot more bitching after last nights episode.

Mr. Krabs and the dragon bro down was the only scenes of interest and that was all of five minutes of screen time.

Also I’m now in the boat that Princess Underbite was good casting along with Matt Smith.

So far it hasn't been offensively bad like obi wan, or retarded bad like s8.

Nothing has happened yet

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So far it hasn't been offensively bad like obi wan, or retarded bad like s8.

Nothing has happened yet
For me the best thing that has come out of this so far is Matt Smith.

I really wish he could’ve saved this type of role for Elric, but I wouldn’t complain if I got more of the same character acting from him under a different IP.
575EE8E7-B2A7-4764-BA92-E2B15ECFBC26.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users