House of the Dragon

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Until it all grinds to an awkward halt when people wonder what the fuck just happened to Rhaenyra and Alicent.
honestly im gonna be pretty butthurt when milly alcocks is gone
1663562362666.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Until it all grinds to an awkward halt when people wonder what the fuck just happened to Rhaenyra and Alicent.

I strongly suspect besides a long tenure, and just wanting to "move on" from GoT, the showrunner dropping out probably had something to do with this creative decision.

It just seems like something that would split producers in half. And you have 3-4 producers on this show. No way they all agreed on recasting mid-season just as it's heating up.

Either that, or the fucktard responsible for the decision is the one that left the show.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Alicent already looks "old" just with a wardrobe change and style difference. She went from "might be legal? to certified mid 20's in just 2 episodes. Making her 30 something is very much possible.

Creatively the only thing I'd maybe agree with is recasting Rhaenyra. That's something that'd be difficult to sell a time gap on. Entirely possible, but not as evident as Alicent.

The Alicent recasting is the most fucking retarded of the two decisions.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Arguably-- the actress they are replacing Alicent with in the time jump has a more youthful appearance when they're both in costume. Making it completely pants on head fucking retarded to recast Alicent.

Oof. What a trainwreck.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
PRODUCER #4: "Hey we need to recast Alicent for this time jump"

CASTING: "Hold my beer, I got someone younger and of an even more youthful looking beauty"

1663565255858.png

PRODUCER #4: "Hmm. Let's see what you guys are working on... now that the season is almost done filming. No, she's supposed to look older. You don't age backwards"

CASTING: "So that's what a time jump is!! Fucking A!"

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Pretty good, kinda sad they skipped the reveal of Leanor's tendency's via tournament but they clearly didn't feel there was time to revel it that way. Worked out well regardless, Cole killed who he was supposed to.

If that's the end of Milly Allcock that would be a shame I hope they do some flashbacks somehow, she was coming into her own in the role. Show should start accelerating at this pace at any rate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
jdbd5x1wzqo91.jpg

does Ser Criston Cole know Daemon and Rhaeny almost got it on? Wonder what he thinks about that.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Great episode, this is the far superior series compared to Lord of the Rangs.

Makes me want to rewatch GoT

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Best part of the episode:

1663617368112.png

Imagine the set designer being like "Hey, can you whip up an old fashioned miedeval orgy tapestry for us? Yeah make sure there's at least 2 dicks in it, minimum."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Those have been in her room ever since she married him, I guess its to keep the Queen horny so the King can bed her whenever he wants. Those are rather tame compared to the old Japanese and Chinese ones, those can be wild.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What a gay episode.

I hate that gay love has influenced the story at all, its just so dumb. Criston Cole has to be maybe the most unlikeable character in the entire show at this point. They are leaning into the political intrigue but none of it feels like it has weight or circumstance. Just shut the fuck up already, let the King die and show dragons and war stuff, fuck.

• 2Salty

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why'd creston go nuts on the gay guy, bum toucched? Didn't pay attention much. All I saw was Rhen being horny for Dam on the dance floor, fucked up.

Goatface

Why'd creston go nuts on the gay guy, bum toucched? Didn't pay attention much. All I saw was Rhen being horny for Dam on the dance floor, fucked up.
ser gay told him they would have to protect each other's secrets to keep everyone safe. with more knowing about it, he knew his time was coming to an end.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What a gay episode.

I hate that gay love has influenced the story at all, its just so dumb. Criston Cole has to be maybe the most unlikeable character in the entire show at this point. They are leaning into the political intrigue but none of it feels like it has weight or circumstance. Just shut the fuck up already, let the King die and show dragons and war stuff, fuck.
Did you post the same kind of thing about Renly?

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ser gay told him they would have to protect each other's secrets to keep everyone safe. with more knowing about it, he knew his time was coming to an end.
Weird that that triggered him so much. Decent episode though.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it was more about him having lost his honor and being unable to reclaim it and now more people knowing of the dishonor... It was all misplaced rage at his moral failing.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Weird that that triggered him so much. Decent episode though.

I thought he made some innuendo that maybe he might know his secrets, or demonstrated an interest in his secrets.

He's sworn to protect her. That likely extends to someone who seems like he indicated he might use secrets against someone.

I don't think it's weird it triggered him. It is weird he was willing to kill immediately over some innuendo.

Maybe it was about protecting the princess virtue and knowing he's somewhat culpable for not stopping it.

Juvarisx

Florida
Dude was on the fast track to be Lord Commander of the Kingsguard when Rhaenya came to power. If people knew he had broken his vow he would have to deal with being a "whore" as he put it for the rest of his life. Dude just plain snapped when all Joffery wanted to do was say to him "We are in the same boat lets protect each other"

Dealing with Laenor's boyfriend this way is way less gay then the book, in the book everyone found out cause he asked for Laenor's favor during the tourney leading up to the wedding and Cole killed him during it. This way no sex scene and it leaves his motives ambiguous to the people of the court since he could just say he was protecting the Heir.