House of the Dragon

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you truly want to experience how shitty this show is in all its magnificence, rewatch GoT S1. I just finished it last night. Holy shit does it make this look 1000x worse than I originally thought it was. GOT isn't perfect, but the casting, story and acting in general are light years beyond this trash.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you truly want to experience how shitty this show is in all its magnificence, rewatch GoT S1. I just finished it last night. Holy shit does it make this look 1000x worse than I originally thought it was. GOT isn't perfect, but the casting, story and acting in general are light years beyond this trash.
I can’t bring myself to watch Rangs of Amazon, so here I am.

I’m trying to power through this one without giving up. Don’t make this anymore difficult on me than it already is.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

D&D adapted characters to a screen. These HOTD guys are just letting fatass tell them to add a dick chop or a uncle fucker scene and call it a day.

The sea snake introduction was the first symptom of a bigger problem-- HOTD does not care about it's characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
D&D adapted characters to a screen. These HOTD guys are just letting fatass tell them to add a dick chop or a uncle fucker scene and call it a day.

The sea snake introduction was the first symptom of a bigger problem-- HOTD does not care about it's characters.
Watching the intricacies and nuance between characters is night and day.

Tywin Lanister: Puts Tyrion in the vanguard of a battle expecting it to kill him.
Also Tywin later in the episode: Makes Tyrion the Hand of the King in his stead. Why? "Because your my son."

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Game of Thrones was so fucking brilliant. I still remember burning dvd episodes for my buddy, everyone wanted to see it, or was watching it. Tywin Lannister, Barristan, Littlefinger, Tyrion, I mean, I could go on and on. All of these characters were interesting in their own ways, even a fucking throw away character like Pod was awesome.

Name one thing about HoTD thats awesome. The dragons? I mean, thats really it at this point. GRRM's dragon names and lore are all top notch, if the show can somehow translate just SOME of that to screen, it could maybe be decent. Its crazy how there is literally not one "fan favorite" type character, or an intriguing character with little screen time, but has a major impact, ala The Mountain.

I dont see how they can completely turn it around in the next 6 hours. We are basically halfway through, unless things do a complete 180 after the time jump this show is going to be a failure.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Cersei, Ned, Tyrion and Syrio were so good in S1. you could keep Cat and Sansa.
sorry, Sansa. dont cry.
cry-go-t.gif

oh boy.

• 1Worf

Burns

Game of Thrones was so fucking brilliant. I still remember burning dvd episodes for my buddy, everyone wanted to see it, or was watching it. Tywin Lannister, Barristan, Littlefinger, Tyrion, I mean, I could go on and on. All of these characters were interesting in their own ways, even a fucking throw away character like Pod was awesome.

Name one thing about HoTD thats awesome. The dragons? I mean, thats really it at this point. GRRM's dragon names and lore are all top notch, if the show can somehow translate just SOME of that to screen, it could maybe be decent. Its crazy how there is literally not one "fan favorite" type character, or an intriguing character with little screen time, but has a major impact, ala The Mountain.

I dont see how they can completely turn it around in the next 6 hours. We are basically halfway through, unless things do a complete 180 after the time jump this show is going to be a failure.
Some shows take a season to get going. The three I can think of off hand are TNG, SW: Clone Wars, and SW: Rebels. If the underlying IP is good, there is always a chance to hang this up, then come back in a couple years, if sentiment improves after the second season is over.

I am still rustled by GoT season 8, so I will not watch this until at least the season is over. If people trash it after the finale, I will probably just skip it altogether.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't get why people throw Sophie Turner so much shade when she played a damn near perfect Sansa.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I can't even bring myself to watch this to trash on it, and I've put up with some terrible crap. Last few seasons of got did me dirty.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did the Targs have special dragon handlers in order to breed them? Im curious as to why they just died out. Did the civil war just kind of kill all of the female dragons or something?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't get why people throw Sophie Turner so much shade when she played a damn near perfect Sansa.
A rewatch of GoT lets you see her evolve the character. For me its the opposite of Arya. Early seasons of Arya is great and then she goes to shit. Sansa is basically worthless window dressing and then after little Finger sells her into white slavery she grows from that experience.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Did the Targs have special dragon handlers in order to breed them? Im curious as to why they just died out. Did the civil war just kind of kill all of the female dragons or something?

they got super aids from the black dragon riders

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought the dragons sort of devolved over the generations and keep getting smaller and smaller to the size of a getman shepherd and eventually just die off

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

One of the rumours is that the maesters conspired to kill them off because they are anti magic