Hugh Jackman: Logan

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Saw it enjoyed it, just like the Mad Max movies.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Was neat to finally see Xavier do some damage, even if it was a due to an accidental seizure. Been waiting for that guy to unleash for like 20 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

retail blu ray (rips) is out, including the black & white Noir edition. Lot of deleted scenes too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
A black and white version is going to be released in theatres. That is some truly try-hard hipster bullshit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
7d3275f1-napoleon-quotes-list.jpg

Gah, it's called noir, not black and white! You peasant.

• 1Worf

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
A black and white version is going to be released in theatres. That is some truly try-hard hipster bullshit.

It was a one-night only thing through Alamo Drafthouse last week. I went and saw it. It wasn't as good as the full color version, but if you felt like Logan was a great movie (I did), but also a tough movie to watch (also true for me), this was a nice change of pace.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Well, if it's good like that then I'll . . . turn the color down on my TV when I watch it.

Logic.

Seriously, I did it with Saving Private Ryan, which was 'color turned back up' for home media. I turned that back down when watching it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno maybe I'm too separated from the xmen franchise at this point, the last one I saw before this was with jean grey.. think it was the 2nd original xmen movie. But I felt this movie was just incredibly depressing. Stewart played a demented person so well it was actually uncomfortable for me to watch, and I just found the whole movie extremely bleak. I guess we are supposed to feel good these kids made it but the problem is I don't know or give a shit about this random ethnically pc mix of kids and the people I actually cared about , not only died, but as the point of the movie seemed to be, they were already dead to the world and to themselves when the movie even began.

The idea of a burnt out 'hero' without a purpose is just depressing to me, not particularly interesting. As a point of comparison, yes mad max also was far gone, but the arc of the movie was his redemption , and it worked really well. I just didn't buy that about Logan. I didn't feel like wolverine ever really felt redeemed, or maybe it was rushed ; and I certainly didn't feel that way about Xavier.

• 1Like

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
The idea of a burnt out 'hero' without a purpose is just depressing to me, not particularly interesting. As a point of comparison, yes mad max also was far gone, but the arc of the movie was his redemption , and it worked really well. I just didn't buy that about Logan. I didn't feel like wolverine ever really felt redeemed, or maybe it was rushed ; and I certainly didn't feel that way about Xavier.
Maybe just me, but his whole death scene screamed redemption IMO, especially at around 1:10ish:

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
finally got around to watching this.

I want to know how a single bullet- even made of adamantium- could kill the young version, esp if it goes THROUGH him (even the brain) he got his head partially blown off earlier and healed that, but head partially off with a different bullet= no healing?

now LOGAN i can understand it killing since he is dying and his regen is fubar, but not the new guy..now if they blew his head off, then used the claws (his or hers) to cut off his fucking head, i'd say ok NP, but they didn't do/show that.

overall loved the movie- sad though it was.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
finally got around to watching this.

I want to know how a single bullet- even made of adamantium- could kill the young version, esp if it goes THROUGH him (even the brain) he got his head partially blown off earlier and healed that, but head partially off with a different bullet= no healing?

now LOGAN i can understand it killing since he is dying and his regen is fubar, but not the new guy..now if they blew his head off, then used the claws (his or hers) to cut off his fucking head, i'd say ok NP, but they didn't do/show that.

overall loved the movie- sad though it was.
I justified it as the adamantium could penetrate his skull and thus destroy his brain, the damage he had from earlier was all superficial.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, the clone had pretty shitty regen baseline compared to actual Wolvy it looked like. He was barely regening at all without the green goop injections if I remember right. So it stands to reason that it's easier to deal an actual lethal blow to someone with a much lower healing capability.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not really, that weren't real comics, and they made sense in the context of the story. Comic books in this movie are like cartoon documentaries.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The comic book thing was equivalent to The Unforgiven where Gene Hackman shits all over the bullshit pulp novel depictions of events that he had witnessed.

Slightly less on the nose than actually playing a clip of Shane during the movie, but close.

The only thing this movie missed was a cameo from Clint Eastwood as a gravedigger.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
they were the same as the Comic books in Captain America: The First Avenger.

stories loosely based on or inspired by "real life" events in this universe, ie cartoon documentaries as previously mentioned.

• 1Like