I am now officially accepting Christmas presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
ok, I take it back, I didn't realize that your job came with actual responsibilities. man, that's gotta be rough.
You joke, but making critical decisions in real-time during outages and other IT emergencies (often self-inflicted by the customer) for multi-million dollar accounts is a lot of responsibility for 20 dollars an hour.

Then you get Monday-morning quarterbacked by management on day-shift all week long, yet they can never provide a single answer for what you could have done better.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
We make dick and much worse jokes here when we are stand by for responses to much more serious things than resetting vm pins

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Mist girlfriend is at her parents for the week and I'm off work till May.

Can I visit you? Wanna get lunch and or pregnant?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We make dick and much worse jokes here when we are stand by for responses to much more serious things than resetting vm pins
You missed the point of that post.

We're supposed to be an ITIL shop with standardized SLAs and standardized priorities for tickets. Yet because there is no accountability for sales, they can sell any contract with any custom SLA they want even for some tiny, irrelevant customer. So some customer that pays <50k a year with custom SLAs for 30 minute VM password resets, for some bank or law office where everyone already went home for the day, can come ahead of managing the logistics required to address a critical system outage for a 2+ million dollar a year, customer with 24x7 business operations, or addressing network alerts for a potential outage on a 7+ million dollar a year customer, etc.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You missed the point of that post.

We're supposed to be an ITIL shop with standardized SLAs and standardized priorities for tickets. Yet because there is no accountability for sales, they can sell any contract with any custom SLA they want even for some tiny, irrelevant customer. So some customer that pays <50k a year with custom SLAs for 30 minute VM password resets, for some bank or law office where everyone already went home for the day, can come ahead of managing the logistics required to address a critical system outage for a 2+ million dollar a year, customer with 24x7 business operations, or addressing network alerts for a potential outage on a 7+ million dollar a year customer, etc.
Sounds like that's your fucking problen.

What are you doing to fix it?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Working 70 hours a week to try to cover for the 6 people that quit? I dunno.

I could start wearing diapers and pooping at my desk.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, basically I got a second job already. It pays 30 dollars an hour and is exactly the same bullshit as the one that pays 20 dollars an hour!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well, basically I got a second job already. It pays 30 dollars an hour and is exactly the same bullshit as the one that pays 20 dollars an hour!
Do younregret your life choices? Making $20/hr at your age seems a little pathetic. That's whar 40k a year without OT?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
if I was a 40 year old homosexual who lives with her white trash parents while at the same time playing Magic the gathering with whatever money that isn't stolen from me from my mother I would probably take all the overtime possible just so I don't have to go home.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm 35 and I haven't gotten to play any magic since like, before last summer.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's okay, I look like I'm 12.

Twice I've had people do actual spit takes when I tell them how old I am. One of them told me my resume was fake because the years didn't make any sense, and I explained that I got my first IT job when I was 15 and I'm 35 now and he almost choked on his coffee.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Oh my god you are old as shit. Get the fuk out of here

BrbCLZ3.gif

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.