I am now officially accepting Christmas presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm helping my mom buy a house in the Chesapeake right now actually.

But that's because I love her and she supported me raised me and never asked for a dime.

I think Mist Mist just likes being treated like shit by other women. She gets off posting about it in this forum as well.

I bet her "mom" isn't even her real mom and just some old dominatrix.

Financial domination - Wikipedia
I wish. That sounds way better.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well, I was told negotiating wasn't even an option.

Were you told that in THIS room?

8AdD5.png

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There are multiple answers, a_skeleton_02, Johnny, prob a_skeleton_03

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
a_skeleton_02 would prolly pay extra to livestream it from your work.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've decided that when I'm officially done with this job I'm going to start livestreaming our NOC afterhours.

People making dick jokes while our customers' servers are literally on fire has got to be funnier than half of Twitch.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I've decided that when I'm officially done with this job I'm going to start livestreaming our NOC afterhours.

People making dick jokes while our customers' servers are literally on fire has got to be funnier than half of Twitch.
no you won't, and that's what happens in literally every other place of business one earth.

• 1Solidarity

Picasso3

a_skeleton_02 could probably land a job as your boss in a few hours if that's what's needed, he's a go getter

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
no you won't, and that's what happens in literally every other place of business one earth.
While I agree that its not an order of magnitude more bullshit than the bullshit at any other job, the amount of bullshit happening in real-time without appropriate management, tools, processes or manpower to handle what's been sold to the customer is sometimes staggering, while sales people try to get you fired for not meeting their absolute nonsense custom SLAs they've sold to 6000 completely different customers.

"Oh, I'm sorry you sold a 30 minute SLA, with penalties, for voicemail password resets for some dinky law office with a 14.4 modem that only works one Tuesday every other month as their only remote access method, I'm too busy chartering a helicopter and finding a sub willing to ride it to fix a microwave dish because some other asshole sold a 4 hour SLA on system outages on an island in fucking Alaska."

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
While I agree that its not an order of magnitude more bullshit than the bullshit at any other job, the amount of bullshit happening in real-time without appropriate management, tools, processes or manpower to handle what's been sold to the customer is sometimes staggering, while sales people try to get you fired for not meeting their absolute nonsense custom SLAs they've sold to 6000 completely different customers.

"Oh, I'm sorry you sold a 30 minute SLA, with penalties, for voicemail password resets for some dinky law office with a 14.4 modem that only works one Tuesday every other month as their only remote access method, I'm too busy chartering a helicopter and finding a sub willing to ride it to fix a microwave dish because some other asshole sold a 4 hour SLA on system outages on an island in fucking Alaska."
oh, you deal with people who are a pain in the ass? why didn't you say so! there's a special support group for that, it's called "literally everybody on the fucking planet"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Picasso3

Sometimes i wish all my coworkers weren't flawless so i had something to complain about.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
oh, you deal with people who are a pain in the ass? why didn't you say so! there's a special support group for that, it's called "literally everybody on the fucking planet"
You missed my point. It's not the dealing with people that are a pain in the ass, that's not unique, its the fact that you're dealing with people who are a pain in the ass while nobody is actually in charge for 15 hours a day every weekday and 48 hours on the weekend for what's supposed to be a 24x7 global telecoms/IT managed services provider with a ~billion dollar annual revenue, and yet it's being run like third shift at the local supermarket, only with far less management.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You missed my point. It's not the dealing with people that are a pain in the ass, that's not unique, its the fact that you're dealing with people who are a pain in the ass while nobody is actually in charge for 15 hours a day every weekday and 48 hours on the weekend for what's supposed to be a 24x7 global telecoms/IT managed services provider with a ~billion dollar annual revenue, and yet it's being run like third shift at the local supermarket, only with far less management.
ok, I take it back, I didn't realize that your job came with actual responsibilities. man, that's gotta be rough.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
ok, I take it back, I didn't realize that your job came with actual responsibilities. man, that's gotta be rough.
I was going to make fun of her post there, but then again I'm on the internet shitposting like 36 hours of the work week.

• 1Haram
Status
Not open for further replies.