I do not believe in equality

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Until mods(minus chaos) came and squashed down the conversation. Talk about chilling effect.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Soy is just mad because a majority of this thread was long conversation. His little quips didn't fit until the argument died down.
My little quips fit everywhere. They're little.

If my joking and saying 'the thread is over' killed the conversation, I apologize.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I think it was mostly.

This right here. Fucks sake you guys are worse than the fuckin SJW's themselves at this point! We get it! They are wimpy, lazy, whiny, crying fucktards who want nothing more than to have you acknowledge you had an advantage, that doesn't exist. Who cares at this fuckin point. Move on. Go fight for a real cause that people give a fuck about...Like my sneakers.
That's the problem...How many of these fuckin threads do you need to talk about the same pissy shit? Don't make me go Sean in here!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
That is not what luck is.
You are diluting the meaning of the word.
Been lucky to be born x/y/z race is as trivial as saying, I'm lucky to be alive, when nothing bad has happen to you. Or saying, I'm lucky to he a human. Or saying We are lucky that our ancestors did xyz.
If there is no chance for something, then there is no lock. There is zero chance that I would have been born in a diferent in a different country or era, hence, there is no luck involved.
Did you have any control over where you were born, when you were born, or from whom you were born? No? Did you benefit from where, when, and from whom you were born? Yes? Then that's luck.

And somehowIhave the reputation for devolving discussions into petty semantics arguments.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Did you have any control over where you were born, when you were born, or from whom you were born? No? Did you benefit from where, when, and from whom you were born? Yes? Then that's luck.

And somehowIhave the reputation for devolving discussions into petty semantics arguments.
Somebody else doing it doesn't mean you don't also do it fuckface.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
It was pretty clear. It's okay though Tan, no need for you to be able to comprehend the language at the level a child should be able to. Not like you teach it or anything.
I misunderstood his post. I legit thought he was trying to contribute to the conversation, and I didn't see how what he said related to my point. Had I realized it was a content-free shitpost, I would have ignored it. My apologies.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm still confused about this lucky / fortunate aspect. I need soy to really dig in here and explain it to me.

Slowly. Like you would to a earnest but incredibly stupid child.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still confused about this lucky / fortunate aspect. I need soy to really dig in here and explain it to me.

If you were luckier you would have understood it the first time.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I'm certainly lucky to have been raised in a time where I was never called to arms, yes.
OK the definition of luck is success or failure based on chance not your own doing. So being born in America constitutes success? How do you explain all the unsuccessful then?

Also you teach English? Now we know what's wrong with the US academically.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

Luck has to do with the outcome of an action based on the statistical probability of said outcome. If an outcome falls under the expected statistical outcome, the outcome is not lucky or unlucky.
For example I am not lucky of waking up every morning, because that is the statistical probability of it. If I were a 90 year old man, then of course I'm lucky to wake up every morning, as the statistical probability of me dying in my sleep is super high.

That is how I personally see luck, as the outcome of anything compared to its expected outcome.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Answer the question and I'll respond to yours.
Luckily, I wasn't alive during WW2. So yes.

OK the definition of luck is success or failure based on chance not your own doing. So being born in America constitutes success? How do you explain all the unsuccessful then?

Also you teach English? Now we know what's wrong with the US academically.
Compared to being born in a third world country, being born in the US is absolutely a success. You were successful in getting all the rights, freedoms and opportunities that come with being an American, and you did nothing to earn it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
We all were.

But we were all unluckier when the mod team decided it would be funny to troll the community by keeping him around.