I do not believe in equality

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Tanoomba parachuting in with undeniable truth. Wow you are a piece of work. The entire thread is about the fact that it is deniable and easily refuted.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That's the problem...How many of these fuckin threads do you need to talk about the same pissy shit? Don't make me go Sean in here!
Ahh the classic posturing of an absent poster that is made a mod and all of a sudden needs to remind people that he has some power now ...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you have some legitimate input, then please add to the discussion rather than complaining we are putting words in your mouth as you dart around playing games.
Khane_sl said:
Those of us who pretend there is equal opportunity, the facilities and classrooms are equal, the books, libraries and knowledge children have access to are equal, and every person in this country has a chance to make something of themselves are being incredibly dishonest about the plight of certain groups. It's not reality.

Those of us who pretend those same groups "just don't know any better", have no idea of right or wrong, should be held to a lower standard or not be accountable at all, and pretend every single problem stems from white oppression and believe we can just hand them their equality are equally dishonest.

Some people there is no helping, other people want help and can't get it. I have no answer as to how to basically erase a child's actual upbringing and instill appropriate values to help them become a self-sustaining, respectable member of a community. But one thing I know is the "bootstrap" ideology and the "american dream" never really existed outside of a ~15 year period in the middle of the last century.
Cad_sl said:
Check your privilege motherfuckers!
Khane_sl said:
I can't tell if you're being serious with that comment or not.
Cad_sl said:
Seems like it was right on target then.
Doesn't matter how many times I read the post that made Cad say "Check your privilege motherfuckers!" I just don't see it. It's so innocuous and reasonable in the context of the dialogue at that point that I'm not sure where it even came from. Every single definition I got of what the "Check your privilege" phrase means to people doesn't fit at all.

This short exchange is what sparked the entire argument.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Doesn't matter how many times I read the post that made Cad say "Check your privilege motherfuckers!" I just don't see it. It's so innocuous and reasonable in the context of the dialogue at that point that I'm not sure where it even came from. Every single definition I got of what the "Check your privilege" phrase means to people doesn't fit at all.

This short exchange is what sparked the entire argument.
Wow dude that wasn't his response to that post. You know damn well it came much later in the conversation when you were trying to convince everyone that economic privilege was part of the equation. You sir are splicing shit. Liar.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
giphy.gif

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Tanoomba parachuting in with undeniable truth. Wow you are a piece of work. The entire thread is about the fact that it is deniable and easily refuted.
"Our successes are built partially on things that are out of our control"

You're trying to tell me this is easily refuted? Get the fuck out of here.

The problem here is some people seem to be conflating "everyone has opportunity" with "everyone has the same opportunity". Those are not the same thing. Everyone, regardless of the circumstances they are born in or how they are raised, has the opportunity to better themselves and make the most of their lives. That does not mean everyone has equal access to education, or everyone has the same shot at becoming a billionaire, or president, or whatever. It also does not mean some people are just doomed to fail or have no control over their lives. Everyone has access to tools, services and resources that will allow them to better themselves. Making proper use of that is what opportunity is. But let's not kid ourselves into thinking that means everyone's got the same shot at the same goals, because that's simply not the case.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are also confused and believe we actually have free will! Which as I recall was proven irrefutably that we do not.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bhrama, my faux blacksploitation avatar brother-in-arms (his are bigger) is right. This shit is going on in at least 5 threads. Can we go back to shitting up the gamergate, tanoomba is an asshole, politics, Mist life sucks, Angry lesbian, AND Michael Brown got murdered thread? We dont need an "i dont believe in equality" and "equality" and "tiggles spews stormfront" thread.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's the problem...How many of these fuckin threads do you need to talk about the same pissy shit? Don't make me go Sean in here!
Intersectional regressive leftism is a multifaceted topic, arguably more so than video games (which spawned this community in the first place) or sports, and yet the board is just fine having several nuanced threads about particular aspects of those. Until Khane had his period in here, this was an interesting discussion on the assumptions people make about the concept of equality. The GG thread is about video game stuff. The Butthurt one in screenshots is for the shitposting and meme related things, before they filter out into other threads. The SJW stuff pops up in politics and other general threads because these millennial fucktards are driving their bullshit narratives into these topics, so it comes up a lot. Its not really any different than any other generalized topic on this board occupying different threads (relationships, video games, politics, entertainments) in different areas, as appropriate.

I think you are just Draeganing it up because there has been a lot of negative rhetoric involving black people in some of these discussions and are taking it personally. That's understandable, but you are an authentic urban black man hanging out with a bunch of white nerds and effectively a stranger in a strange land. Its not any different than when I go to Inglewood or some other predominantly black area around here and I hear remarks about crackers not being able to relate or some such. When in Rome, and all that. Your seeing animosity where it doesn't exist (except for a_skeleton_02, of course).

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Everyone in this country has a very good level of opportunity in terms of education. Is it equal? no its not equal, but its good enough everywhere, maybe except some Indian reservation where they have no access to education/jobs.

It is more of a matter of culture and discipline, but you can take advantage of this. The abuse i see in the current system, is that you can get money to pay for tuition and then drop the class and keep the money. That shit needs to be removed fast.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
No one would ever do that because that's pretty fucking personal. A person who knew you might. Honestly would you disagree? We're all lucky. We're well off, educated Americans, mostly white (sorry Khane and Brahma), we're pretty god damn lucky. That doesn't mean we didn't work hard or overcome adversity, it doesn't put an asterisk next to every accomplishment we have.

The internet is so extreme and weird. I swear it didn't used to be this bad.
Its not lucky to be white. It is not lucky to be American. This line of thinking is very racist actually, as it implies that there is something wrong with the other myriad of colors in the planet. You are the race you are without any luck involved, its just genetics. There is also no luck involved in what country you are born in, its just geography.

We are not lucky to be here, we are individuals with similar hobbies and skills, that is not luck, at all, it is coincidental. Those skills and education also tend to be better paid in today's socio-economic structure. That is also, not luck.

If you want an outsiders perspective into if the USA has it right, I can tell you the Americans have built the most efficient economy in the planet. An economy that values skills,abstract knowledge, and sacrifice.

If you have one of those three, either the skills to be really good at something, or the knowledge in a specific sphere, or the capability to sacrifice yourself, you will not be poor, and you'll be middle class.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Uh, a fortunate thing happening that you have no control over is the definition of luck. So being born in America is most certainly fucking lucky.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel lucky I was born a man. Mostly because I can pee anywhere I want without any fuss. Try peeing in a butt as a woman.