Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No comment
wink.png

khalid

Unelected Mod
I can't imagine a 10 year old not enjoying something like the first Independence Day. This sounds like more of the same.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah a 10 year old would enjoy it.

I liked it, although not as much as the first one. Probably due to having seen so many big summer blockbusters since then, but this one was still worth seeing I felt. That giant fucking ship on IMAX was pretty awesome, I have to agree.

Story was pretty rushed and about as superficial as you'd expect, but it was enough to hold the movie together.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Does anyone say "welcome to earf" after punching an alien in the face in this movie? Does the president give a rousing speech about fighting off the alien invaders to "make earth great again" ?

This is important.

spronk

FPS noob
do any Jews say "YOU WOULD ALL BE DEAD IF IT WASN'T FOR MY DAVID!!" in a super Jewy voice

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm finding very few reasons not to call this the best movie I've seen this year. It was pure fun even with the shitty kid actors and Brent Fucking Spiner steals the show.
Launches a franchise that our kids may one day think of as their Star Wars but for us it's very Milleu or maybe for the geeks here...Star Control

And a major warning that isn't very spoilery but anyone over 40 will have nightmares if they aren't prepared for....
ROBERT LOGIA'S FUCKING ZOMBIE MAKES BABY JESUS CRY

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Movie was fun as hell. I was 15 when I saw the first one and this movie hits a lot of the same notes. Curious about what happened to David's ex wife and the backstory on some of the new guys.

My only gripe was...
why didn't the new harvester ship just use the hole from the African ship?

Alien queen was awesome though.

Had some nerds behind us talking about the errors in the science after the movie. Holy hell just have some fun.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
anyone know why the harvester ship takes off after the queen dies? did I miss an explanation of that, or do we just assume it returns to home base automatically after she dies?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
anyone know why the harvester ship takes off after the queen dies? did I miss an explanation of that, or do we just assume it returns to home base automatically after she dies?
the sphere told them when the queen dies the ship would auto recall back. How it knew that I don't know because it said no one has been able to kill a queen.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Was there any actual communication between us and the aliens this time around other than "No please." and "Die."?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I just started reading Time Magazines review of this 'terrible' movie and it begins by patiently explaining to their readers that the first movie launched Will Smiths career.

This is what happens when Hipsters take over the world. It becomes Wikipedia that only counts the White Will Smith. Go see it for yourself you might be surprised how fun it is.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Was there any actual communication between us and the aliens this time around other than "No please." and "Die."?
Yes. But.

The Aliens we fought and beat had never been defeated before. An Alliance of Free Stars Har har have formed and initially invite Humanity as refugees but realize by the end we aren't refugees but the answer to all their problems and they want us to lead them in their counter attack on the alien worlds

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yes. But.

The Aliens we fought and beat had never been defeated before. An Alliance of Free Stars Har har have formed and initially invite Humanity as refugees but realize by the end we aren't refugees but the answer to all their problems and they want us to lead them in their counter attack on the alien worlds
So species want us, who have only extablished a moon base and have become somewhat space worthy in the last two decades (in the film) want us to lead an interstellar war?

....I see. lol

Caliane

So species want us, who have only extablished a moon base and have become somewhat space worthy in the last two decades (in the film) want us to lead an interstellar war?

....I see. lol
the plot of Mass effect.
humans build a space station. And a fleet. First contact with Turians. War. Humans fuck their shit. Turians WERE the army/police of the Citidal. We fucked up their shit. "oh, so you all have been space faring for 5 thousand years? oh, thats cool. We've been in space for 50 years. Give us a spot on the council, reserved for 3 of 100 known races, and us now. Also, we want total control of the military. Also, when giant robots attack? we are taking total control, after we let the council die.