Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This "transitory" shit is getting on my last nerves. We can have 20% inflation quickly and temporarily, then drop back to 0% inflation and it seems the Fed would pat themselves on the back that it was "transitory". No dipshits, we are still 20% higher costs of everything!

Fuck me sideways.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This "transitory" shit is getting on my last nerves. We can have 20% inflation quickly and temporarily, then drop back to 0% inflation and it seems the Fed would pat themselves on the back that it was "transitory". No dipshits, we are still 20% higher costs of everything!

Fuck me sideways.
It was a political lie. They knew it. We knew it. Everyone knew it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's technically not a lie. That's what transitory means. That most people don't understand it doesn't matter. The part that matters is they downplayed it like "transitory" doesn't matter. I'd argue it's actually worse.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's technically not a lie. That's what transitory means. That most people don't understand it doesn't matter. The part that matters is they downplayed it like "transitory" doesn't matter. I'd argue it's actually worse.
But it really wasn't transitory in the sense they were using it. They were using it to imply it was a very short term thing driven by used cars and a couple of other items, They lied and they knew they were lying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

Fuck me sideways.
Unfortunately, the raises I gave my long term employees wasn't transitory. You can't just lower raises when inflation goes lower.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The reality is we're probably looking at 20% inflation. We aren't expecting 20% every year (or at least I fucking hope not). Therefore, it's transitory.

It's a stupid distinction because unless you're super rich, it hurts either way.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My issue is less with the word and more with the issue they were fucking lying and knew it and talked to us like we were fucking idiots.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The reality is we're probably looking at 20% inflation. We aren't expecting 20% every year (or at least I fucking hope not). Therefore, it's transitory.

It's a stupid distinction because unless you're super rich, it hurts either way.
Man, 8% of my business' profit went to gas alone last month (in excess). Some parts are running 400% higher. Labor is higher (gave everyone a 6% raise). I did also raise my prices, but every business is doing this (and more). It's not good for anyone.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, 8% of my business' profit went to gas alone last month (in excess). Some parts are running 400% higher. Labor is higher (gave everyone a 6% raise). I did also raise my prices, but every business is doing this (and more). It's not good for anyone.
It makes paying debt easier! (for individuals and nations alike)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1634141397080.png

1634141385345.png

So is the market hoping banks report good earnings with that abysmal inflation report?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I am taking a look at CRSP today. I like the technology but had never really looked at their financials. Holy fuck what a shitshow. They had some fuckery in 2019 where it looks like they booked 2 years of income (2020 in 2019). They showed 719k (yes thousand, not million) in 2020 revenue. They dont have a ton of debt but they just keep making new shares to sell to finance operations. And almost a billion spent in 2020 on stock options.

Think I will pass.

1634150521302.png

1634150786152.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
File this under stock oddities you rarely see...

AAPL - 0.42% today
FTEC +0.81% today

The odds of this are quite slim.