Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1633961558394.png

WTI prices gettin crazy, spike above $82, I assume we'll get an infusion of oil from the reserve but I dont think that is going to change where the river is flowing.

OPEC wont raise (some say they cant) production until at least November meeting, seems silly to not be exposed to the strongest sector right now, thinking about MRO for my exposure, its lagging behind BP and ahead of CVX.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First day back looking at the market with a clear head. I hadn't realized how foggy I was last week until this morning.
F has been unstoppable which means I'm gonna lose my shares next week on option execution. No complaints from me if I lose them, I'll turn about a 30% profit. on a stock I had very little expectations on.
WYNN trying to top $90 and get its legs back under it.
Industrials seem to be firing on all cylinders.
NVDA continues to bounce off that support level from last week.

This is why I dont market time any more. Buy quality when its on sale and at a key support level. Over the long term, you will always come out ahead even it means a short term drop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 376672

WTI prices gettin crazy, spike above $82, I assume we'll get an infusion of oil from the reserve but I dont think that is going to change where the river is flowing.

OPEC wont raise (some say they cant) production until at least November meeting, seems silly to not be exposed to the strongest sector right now, thinking about MRO for my exposure, its lagging behind BP and ahead of CVX.
I have read the SPI is actually quite low. They have been draining it.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I like +5k days View attachment 376057

I always nit pick each pullback in hindsight that I could have been more aggressive but overall I'm happy, put a lot of money to work. Up $11k for the month in my trading account and it's the 7th, will let some positions run and go back into hibernation until next time. I had such a strong start to the year with the tech pullback that I had hit my yearly goal around April, so I adjusted it, and as of today I just hit the adjusted YE goal. Doesn't mean I won't trade but will probably be pretty selective. I still think base case is we enter the 4600-4700 range this year at which point we enter a period of consolidation.

I had a good read of the move but I have $600k that is money for my house build and I'm just not comfortable being too aggressive with it when my need for the cash is so soon. Obviously everyone would say just borrow the money and during dips it gets tempting as that could have been a $50K profit month with more aggressive positioning but I learned a long time ago that debt is just not part of a life style that I'm interested in.

Recent Long Term Adds: (not short term Trades)
MTTR ($20.00 cost basis) To those who followed me in your probably seeing how crazy volatile it is, my plan is to ignore this. I want 100x minimum. Was up 25% and it's always tempting to sell but for me this is going to be a longer term hold. So if you are trading it just be ready for 10% moves up and down, if you really want short term then maybe putting a stop in if we get back to $22 is probably a good idea but I think more money will be made being patient but that could take years to play out.

MRK (71.50 cost basis) very happy with this one, I will likely be putting a stop in for the high 70s. While I want to be in the name I'd rather not give back the 10%+ move. Would just reenter if I were to stop out.

CLF ($19.50 cost basis)- Another crazy volatile name, my target is ~26 area. While It's not a trade per se, maybe a long swing. If I can make 30% on this I'll likely move on at some point.

CAH ($51 cost basis) - Was hit pretty hard in pullback having nice day today. I'm looking to add more on weakness. Would probably not add additional shares until 10% below this level.

I continue to hold SPY, AAPL, AMZN, VZ, WMT, IWM, DIS SBUX and ABBV

YOLO MOTHERFUCKER

1633969523572.png

• 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WYNN cracked $90. +4% today.

Looks like the 50 -DMA as overhead resistance at $92.68 and then clean sailing up to the 100-DMA at $106.

• 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Out of MELI with a 30% gain, shares have fallen way too much I want to keep some sort of gain. Has dropped 500 a share in like a week, not sure where the bottom is.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Part of my wishes I had pulled the trigger on CVX. The other part of me knows it's fool's gold.