Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just when you think you got in on the ground floor, the floor collapses another 100000 feet. This is the first volatile market i've been a investor in and GD what a lesson and eye opener it is.
Luckily when you come out of it on the other side you will have balls of brass.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today was the first day I really felt a sense of "God damn is shit fucked up". The realization is sinking in that Coronachan won't kill is, but our governments (all levels) are going to destroy the greatest economy the world had ever seen.

I had 4 of my limit orders pop at their strike (DIS, QQQ, IVV and ABBV) and a bunch that didn't get low enough. At this point I have put about 70% of my cash to work. Probably going to add a bit more if prices keep plunging and sit on 20% cash.

One positive i saw today was WMT making a new all-time high before pulling back. To my eye, it didn't look to be total liquidation today. Some stocks (high quality, solid balance sheet guys) didn't suffer nearly as bad as the overall market. That shows me at least some blue chips are finding some floor in the near future.

Agree with Blazin though, we have got to get bonds unfucked or none of this in equities matters.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey Blazin, while we didn't ever formalize a ban bet. How you feeling about what I said now?

You changed your statement significantly when called out. You said never going to reach a new high in our lifetimes. Then you changed it from what ~40yrs to 2 yrs? I'll formalize your original statement I responded to, anytime you want.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
For all you crazy single name risk takers, I like DocuSign (DOCU). I have used them on contracts several times and believed then they are going to continue to grow, now this crisis only improves their future outlook. I really wish it was getting hit harder than it has (Down from $92.55 to mid $60s). Just a very small 100 share play to have fun watching double in the next 3 yrs.

Had no idea how many of you would take this one to heart, up 8% since post. Someone threw Tuco money at it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pops

Hey Blazin, while we didn't ever formalize a ban bet. How you feeling about what I said now?

I can see why you are a felon. You don't have the balls to make real money. Fraud was your only chance. Go beat your wife some more.

Pops

Instead of the fraudster or the furry lecturing us and gloating, let's post ideas.

Pops

AMBC has BAC on the ropes. Down 35% at 9 ish, god knows their true exposure.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Is this crash even a bad thing?

Seems like it would flush all that hedge / leverage bullshit down the toilet and make the market healthier.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yes. And hopefully we're all still employed and can get back to work when this is all over.

Was asking if it was bad, not if it was unpleasant.

I dont know enough to know if our system needed a flushing or not.

But if all our shit is this American Inventor rigged, and precarious, then we needed the shock to allow the system to reinfornce itself. Which wont happen b/c politicians are going to dump billions into whatever pays the most lobbyists.