Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I see the term "rigged" alot. Not directing this at you but in general. The market is like you or I deciding to play a pickup football game against NFL players. Those are the algos and HFTs. Them being better than us doesn't make it rigged. It makes it imbalanced in terms of talent. Rigged means cheating. And while cheating goes on and cheaters may eventually end up in jail, the system itself isn't rigged.

I stopped arguing with people who tell me the repo actions are "giving billions to hedge fund managers". They are too financially ignorant to understand repo but drink the wall street bad kool-aid. Oh and the one universal truth is that those people have never bothered trying to build wealth. Fuck em.

Again not directed at you, just ranting because I hate the rigged shit. Me choosing to short equities right before the nations largest pension fund has to do a quarterly rebalance and move 10 billion from bonds to stocks doesnt make the game rigged. It makes me a noob. Or as we say at the poker table, dead money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
and cheaters may eventually end up in jail

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I see the term "rigged" alot. Not directing this at you but in general. The market is like you or I deciding to play a pickup football game against NFL players. Those are the algos and HFTs. Them being better than us doesn't make it rigged. It makes it imbalanced in terms of talent. Rigged means cheating. And while cheating goes on and cheaters may eventually end up in jail, the system itself isn't rigged.

I stopped arguing with people who tell me the repo actions are "giving billions to hedge fund managers". They are too financially ignorant to understand repo but drink the wall street bad kool-aid. Oh and the one universal truth is that those people have never bothered trying to build wealth. Fuck em.

Again not directed at you, just ranting because I hate the rigged shit. Me choosing to short equities right before the nations largest pension fund has to do a quarterly rebalance and move 10 billion from bonds to stocks doesnt make the game rigged. It makes me a noob. Or as we say at the poker table, dead money.

You have never heard the term "American Inventor rigged" . . . ?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
ECB announced a 750billio euro injection into the markets. I feel about as confident in that as a meth head telling me they'll fund my college for some meth.

The need for liquidity suggests a run on a scale that could be even worse than the great depression. Things could get BAD.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
ECB announced a 750billio euro injection into the markets. I feel about as confident in that as a meth head telling me they'll fund my college for some meth.

The need for liquidity suggests a run on a scale that could be even worse than the great depression. Things could get BAD.

On a positive note, prolly fix the whole student loan problem.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
With the drumbeat of we have a cure so strong, I think we'll see another late rally friday. Then come around monday get when people aint cured, we'll see another crash.

Trying to guess short term emotions of the market is pretty hard though. This thing could fall off a cliff today.

Pops

With the drumbeat of we have a cure so strong, I think we'll see another late rally friday. Then come around monday get when people aint cured, we'll see another crash.

Trying to guess short term emotions of the market is pretty hard though. This thing could fall off a cliff today.

Oh stop with your shit. It's far from useful.

More blow ups.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Definition of a moral victory:
When your long dated BA calls go from a value of
-86% to -71%
Pop the champagne 🍾

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If F drops to like $2 something I'll have to pick some up.

I mean if they're just going to GIVE it away like that.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is literally one industry I can't own (even though it might be in a index I own). I just can't buy tobacco stocks. As an investor I have near zero morals. Except that one.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users