Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Impressive. Especially considering they themselves said as recently as December that they had weak iPhone demand. Now Q4 saying better than expected.

Nice one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1643319399134.png

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So... I dont think the market expected good earnings.

Volume is like non existant for this in AH considering.

I expected a 10% move for good earnings with good guidance and were already seeing selling @ 3.54% up.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^^ re: ^^

Funny thing. Q3 September was when the longstanding trend in market took its first big shakeup. By Nov/Dec, it was definitely chop and breaking.

I guess as soon as the losses start coming, noobie retail has to go back to the real world jobs!

I wish there were metrics somehow to track how many of those left for other brokerages vs just gave it up.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
^^ re: ^^

Funny thing. Q3 September was when the longstanding trend in market took its first big shakeup. By Nov/Dec, it was definitely chop and breaking.

I guess as soon as the losses start coming, noobie retail has to go back to the real world jobs!

I wish there were metrics somehow to track how many of those left for other brokerages vs just gave it up.

Probably more and more of the GME/AMC apes souring too as they saw them steadily decline on top of the lock out shenanigans

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Probably more and more of the GME/AMC apes souring too as they saw them steadily decline on top of the lock out shenanigans
Yeah, they're not nearly as smart as guys like me who are on Fidelity and can keep losing money!

6.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
So... I dont think the market expected good earnings.

Volume is like non existant for this in AH considering.

I expected a 10% move for good earnings with good guidance and were already seeing selling @ 3.54% up.

You have to think about the amount of money that it takes to move AAPL. Significantly more than some meme traders have.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have to think about the amount of money that it takes to move AAPL. Significantly more than some meme traders have.
They won't give further guidance but expect a strong quarter but not as good as December.

They expect supply chains to get better, which is probably copium at this point.

That's basically playing both sides of guidance, guess we will see what Friday brings.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They won't give further guidance but expect a strong quarter but not as good as December.

They expect supply chains to get better, which is probably copium at this point.

That's basically playing both sides of guidance, guess we will see what Friday brings.
They did discuss guidance. I posted it. CFO expected a 6b downward impact on revenue due to supply chains in the quarter.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
The market taking off from here and everyone congratulating each other for making it through feels too easy.

Tons of new traders over the past 2 years that have yet to experience the agony of a choppy market designed to shake them out. I have a feeling that we have to retest the lows.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I honestly don't give a shit if we go sideways for 6 months. More likely scenario is we go sideways until Memorial Day. And then all the pros go their vacation homes in the Hamptons for the Summer, volume plummets and the retails bid up the market until Labor Day when the pros return and crush their dreams.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users