<Gold Donor>
Season 9 What GIF by The Office
1643336789177.png

Yeah, I sold half near the peak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still very early and above the 425 support, but Apple hasn’t seemed to fix the sentiment. Today could be an epic Friday

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Swing trades on non-growth stocks. Being able to swing 10-20% profits on high quality names over a month or two can be a real money maker in a sideways or down market. The keys are quality names you wont mind owning if the trade goes south and not being a greedy hog.

CAT - I grabbed some twice in the $190 range in Sept. Helped myself to two dividends of $1.11 and bailed out at $218 where it had been struggling to move above since June. It was a couple of days before earnings and my guess was (as is the trend) they would lower guidance due to "supply chain issues". It is dumping pre-market on just that news and down to $210. Four months is longer than I normally want to hold it but like I said, trade stocks you dont mind owning and that dividend makes waiting less painful. With the dividends I turned over $25 a share profit in four months (13% annualized to 52%).

1643376406963.png

BA - Same as CAT minus the dividend. In at $194 the end of November and out at $224 mid-January. $35 a share for 8 weeks. 18% annualized to 108%. Now realistically you aren't always churning these trades as there is downtime with the cash looking for new targets so the annualized is more eye candy. The idea though is to keep your cash position making you money while it sits. And since many of you aren't comfortable with using cash to make short term options plays for profit, this might represent an alternative you might be comfortable with. Honestly, you could do this with INTC after every earnings dump.

1643377344677.png

I prefer to do this with Industrial names because a> they generally pay a nice dividend and b> they are low beta stocks. They are generally a lot more predictable than growth stocks. They tend to move in troughs. I have done the same strat with LMT and NOC at least 4 times in the last 18 months. The real key is to not be fucking greedy. I feel bad for one of our members who I know holds BA. The day I dumped it right below the peak and advised him to do the same based on the charting he opted to let it run for more gains. That is almost $40/share drop in the 8 days since. To do this you have to set your expectations accordingly. You have to look at 10-20% in ideally less than 2-3 months as a good return. Otherwise this strategy isnt for you. This isn't Mark McGwire long ball. Its Tony Gwynn/Wade Boggs base hits with few strikeouts. Not paying trade commissions really makes this a viable income generator.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pivots are key. premarket smacked into the Oct4th low ~$426 and rebounded.

This kind of market action, especially on a Friday.. I am not at all convinced we hold today. Looks like the markets are looking for any excuse to go lower.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone else using the new Fidelity mobile app that is like a clone of Robinhood's app? Its starting to grow on me. ps.. I use it for fractional share purchases.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taking another position in SQQQ if we reach 342 on QQQ. Hopefully buyers dont get exhausted at the lows... Ill miss the downtrend completely :\

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Odd factoid. One stock that has held up like a beast through the January bloodbath has been PM. Only down like 3% from its 52-high. Solid boomer stock.