Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just moved out of NOC again at $403. I like swing trading industrials for those pretty consistent troughs for about 15-20% gains. I will move back in when it turns back south at some point. Companies like NOC and LMT have been good to me with these 2-3 month trades.
Like fucking clockwork...

1643651329442.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Same thing for PYPL!! (except it's 15% to go)

I think if it gets even close to 180-185 this week I'm going to dump it...
At this point ill stick around til earnings. Nvidia had a very nice bounce after last one and hit $344.

AMD reports this week, probably a preview of whats to come for Nvidia.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Not stonks, but thought I'd share a sports card investment win wave I'm riding currently.

Bought a case on release at $9k, have 8 of the 12 boxes left. Boxes retailing for $2750 each. Hoping for the Burrow Super Bowl win, see them go up even more!

1643652794886.png

• 3Mother of God
  • 3WTF
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Same thing for PYPL!! (except it's 15% to go)

I think if it gets even close to 180-185 this week I'm going to dump it...
The moves on MA and V are showing the selling pressure might be easing on that industry. Something to consider before you sell. Nothing really changed with PYPL, it just got wrecked with the other fintechs.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The moves on MA and V are showing the selling pressure might be easing on that industry. Something to consider before you sell. Nothing really changed with PYPL, it just got wrecked with the other fintechs.
Possibly. I just think we're in for another leg down soonish, so I'd rather not ride that wave other than index plays or stuff I'm at least close to even on. I see lots of writing about how the market is going to take a massive shit until at least the tail end of March -like 4k SPX level shit- and I'm thinking limiting some exposure in case that happens is the play.

Based upon my years of experience, of course :I'm Fine:

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Possibly. I just think we're in for another leg down soonish, so I'd rather not ride that wave other than index plays or stuff I'm at least close to even on. I see lots of writing about how the market is going to take a massive shit until at least the tail end of March -like 4k SPX level shit- and I'm thinking limiting some exposure in case that happens is the play.

Based upon my years of experience, of course :I'm Fine:
I think it's just my core holding philosophy. Stocks I will hold forever (baring some fundamental change) are just that. I rode PYPL up and then rode it down. 5 or 10 years from now it's a blip (hopefully). Certain stocks I add on weakness for the long run. If you see PYPL as more of a shorter term trade then selling off the current recovery makes sense.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think it's just my core holding philosophy. Stocks I will hold forever (baring some fundamental change) are just that. I rode PYPL up and then rode it down. 5 or 10 years from now it's a blip (hopefully). Certain stocks I add on weakness for the long run. If you see PYPL as more of a shorter term trade then selling off the current recovery makes sense.
I like to think of it as 'year round tax loss harvesting'. Just like gas jockeys are 'propulsional hydrocarbon transfer professionals', only with (slightly) more money loss.

• 1Worf