1645649883025.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hmmm
This isnt going to help.

I'd much rather have an economy with 5%+ inflation and stonks going up 15%+ a year than an economy with 3% inflation and stonks tanking 5% a year.

I don't understand why people think it's that bad to have 5% sustained inflation. The 80s were fucking great.

• 1Picard
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seriously, I think it's fairly dumb that people associate presidential politics to ppBarrel oil / gas prices. It makes for great mainstream media talking head sound bites and that is about it.

Anyone who doesn't fully grasp that OPEC+ pretty much sets the prices is just delusional. Aside from macro world events like pandemic demand volatility, hurricane closing refineries, etc, they are setting the pace of output. No president (Dem or Repub) can just pen down cheap prices at the pump. It's a futile and misguided political rant.
I'm a few pages behind, so I apologize if someone else mentions it, but our oil prices are entirely because of inflation.

The dollar is losing value, and oil is traded in dollars. And the inflation is a combination of printing trillions and trillions, and the repercussions of shutting down the economy for covid.

Someone said it the other day, but saying "don't talk politics in this thread" doesn't work, because all of this is directly a result of politicians.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user