Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Jobs number pretty much inline, slight miss with a revision upwards for previous month. Rates moving up due to continued job strength.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the QQQ giving up 200D, i can only see a support at 349/350 area... That's a lot to give up for a retest, i want to say it will just forget about the retest and just try to get on top of the 200D before close.

Yesterday will probably scare the shit out of retail and most likely will be shorting for the black swan event thats never going to happen.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In fairness, the QQQ only closed above the 200D once. I still stand that we can pullback SPY to 200D and consolidate a while.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess 355 might be a support area? That whole area is sketchy at best... With huge volatility.

I just really don't like going long up here, it feels too soon after all that FUD about pe ratios and bubbles...

Jon najarian basically said the same, he hasn't found any good deals on stocks that he wants to actually hold shares of, it's just a traders market.

Unfortunate really.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
In fairness, the QQQ only closed above the 200D once. I still stand that we can pullback SPY to 200D and consolidate a while.

Guess that's a better play than using the QQQ averages, no doubt if we do retrace to the spy 200D it'll get a bounce as well as the rest of the market.

Will have to see if SPY breaks the 100D first.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Based on absolutely nothing but it looks good. Isn't everyone being bearish the reason it rocketed off the bottom?

Screenshot_20220401-100128.png

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I think its surprising that traders are letting oil sit there below 100 when we know that the two biggest factors behind the recent drop (China's temporary reduction in demand, and Bidens futile release from the reserve) are temporary on a scale of perhaps a week or two. That shit will be back over 100 in no time.

Dont have enough settled funds to play with it right now but hopefully it stays low til Monday.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think its surprising that traders are letting oil sit there below 100 when we know that the two biggest factors behind the recent drop (China's temporary reduction in demand, and Bidens futile release from the reserve) are temporary on a scale of perhaps a week or two. That shit will be back over 100 in no time.

Dont have enough settled funds to play with it right now but hopefully it stays low til Monday.
There's also some breathing room in contract settlement. There's a minimum two weeks to pay for oil being received now, so right now oil is a bit ahead of itself on the surge. Have no doubt, prices are gonna get brutal during summer.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1648843384411.png

1648843402521.png

1648843462173.png

What a close! Plunge protection team came in and said not today satan!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Announce stock split/dividend right before announcing production numbers that you already know are going to beat expectations.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mines completely normal, installed any strange programs lately?

Jesus christ. I found it. There is an option on the page at the bottom that says (emojify), and made all that weird shit populate. I guess my kid hit something when she had my phone. Was driving me nuts...

• 1Midwit
  • 1Worf
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Video inside the German Gigafactory that just opened. You don't see a whole lot of humans involved in making those Tesla's.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users