Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I forgot to run my personal payroll at the beginning of this month, so I gotta wait 2 days for the bulk of my positions to take place.

However, I did take a full position in QQQ and 2/3 positions in NVDA, PYPL, and CRM. Then I took 1/10 position in PLTR. Just following Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes ' orders.
Wow that's a lot of pressure.

Be careful of taking full positions as we move lower. Until we think we have found a floor there is Nothing wrong at all with starting with 1/4 positions and adding tranches depending on the price movements.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
QQQ broke through 300...

Let's see where we land!

220 by July!

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Wow that's a lot of pressure.

Be careful of taking full positions as we move lower. Until we think we have found a floor there is Nothing wrong at all with starting with 1/4 positions and adding tranches depending on the price movements.

I've already learned a ton in the past couple of years. Being down 36% now (was down 25% last week) is a powerful teacher and I know mostly what I've done wrong and why.

That being said I still look to this thread to see when/what to buy. And if it's amazing or shitty it is what it is. My perspective is that what will matter in 20 years is that I'm participating, not so much the precise who/what/when I invested.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... Until we think we have found a floor there is Nothing wrong at all with starting with 1/4 positions and adding tranches depending on the price movements.
I have been talking about this for months. Forget the all or nothing mentality and look to scale into positions in this weak market. You'd have to be insanely lucky to bottom tick the market, so just find the strongest support levels and divide your buy-ins ONLY at those levels.

FWIW, Currently on a large SPY position (some funds I want to just set and forget longer term), I am about 40% in with a cost basis of ~415. I have my eye on roughly 380 / 360 for the next two 20% tranches. Then some leftover if we somehow want lower out of that. You can do this with any other individual name stock. Find the biggest support levels and start chipping away.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have been talking about this for months. Forget the all or nothing mentality and look to scale into positions in this weak market. You'd have to be insanely lucky to bottom tick the market, so just find the strongest support levels and divide your buy-ins ONLY at those levels.

FWIW, Currently on a large SPY position (some funds I want to just set and forget longer term), I am about 40% in with a cost basis of ~415. I have my eye on roughly 380 / 360 for the next two 20% tranches. Then some leftover if we somehow want lower out of that. You can do this with any other individual name stock. Find the biggest support levels and start chipping away.

I'm a visual learner. Can you draw it up on a chart? You'd be super generous to do so, as your explanation is sufficient.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think I am going to start my own OnlyFans account and call it OnlyStonks.

"Oh, you want me to show you the next QQQ support level? Tip me baby!!"

😀

• 1Worf

Molten Core Raider
threw a few bucks at PLTR just for shits and grins.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 153806.jpg

sadly, for those holding it, that probably means more much lower buy opps soon!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I am going to start my own OnlyFans account and call it OnlyStonks.

"Oh, you want me to show you the next QQQ support level? Tip me baby!!"

😀

You should. There are already several similar things out there from people who suck at giving advice. Might as well make one that's worthwhile.

• 1Like