Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess on face value it looks bad but inflation is easing... 8.5 to 8.3.

It'll only take 2 1/2 years to reach the feds 2% goal lol.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fucking waterfall

1652273133072.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cathie strikes again

Cathie Wood Just Bought More Coinbase (COIN) Stock. Here’s Why.​

Ark Invest purchased 63,039 shares of COIN stock
4d ago

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nasdaq futures -1.8% and falling

I mean who actually was buying ahead of the CPI? Did they somehow believe the shit was going to be good? Or did they think that 50 basis point hike just insta-fixed inflation?

fris

Vyemm Raider
Anyone have details on how the cpi calculation was changed? All I can find is references to that it was and the basic formula

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have details on how the cpi calculation was changed? All I can find is references to that it was and the basic formula
Yea, no idea. I read somewhere the biggest change was on how new car prices were factored in. Dealerships have you by the balls and know it. As someone who just had to buy a new car, you aint getting out at just sticker price. They're gonna tack on every little service they legally can because they know if you pass on it they'll throw you back at the end of the 6 month queue and have someone else willing to pay now up there in 30 mins. Whatever they changed probably doesn't come close to saying how bad it is.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cathie strikes again

Cathie Wood Just Bought More Coinbase (COIN) Stock. Here’s Why.​

Ark Invest purchased 63,039 shares of COIN stock
4d ago
I should probably add ARKK to my tickers just so I can laugh at someone doing worse than me when I check my stocks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I feel cleansed. For the first time in in nearly 2 years I have no more margin debt. Of course the cleansing was accomplished with FIRE.

Now (thinking of that line you got when you started a new char in Vanguard), my eyes are on the horizon thinking of the tasks ahead (or something like that). Time to slowly rebuild from the ground up. If nothing else I feel a weight off my shoulders. I'm still in my 40's and still have the vast majority of my net worth intact. I lost 70 percent of my non-retirement investment account and i'm not minimizing what a disaster that was, but I still feel blessed overall and I will move forward and this time not be retarded.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
MTTR ripping double digit percentage points giving me memba berries…

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users