Potato del Grande

1652287128876.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Surprised there's not a short Cramer etf that shorts the stuff he says he thinks it's going up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, no idea. I read somewhere the biggest change was on how new car prices were factored in. Dealerships have you by the balls and know it. As someone who just had to buy a new car, you aint getting out at just sticker price. They're gonna tack on every little service they legally can because they know if you pass on it they'll throw you back at the end of the 6 month queue and have someone else willing to pay now up there in 30 mins. Whatever they changed probably doesn't come close to saying how bad it is.
I just bought one six weeks ago below msrp at the first dealership I went to. Coworker got one last week at msrp, but had to go to multiple dealerships to find it. If everyone tells the gouged to go fuck the selves they’ll be stuck at msrp.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
When you thought you bought the dip, but the dip bought you…

neil-degrasse-tyson-gravity.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My take. What we are seeing is people/funds positioning for the bear. Value stocks that pay nice dividends are being bought generally. Companies that make money by lending money are being bought generally. Tech and growth stocks are being sold. God forbid you are an infinite PE stock because you are getting ass-raped.

I am not saying this rotation is going to prove out over the next 6-7 months, but that is what I am seeing. Except for AAPL and MSFT, my mom's fixed income IRA is all in the green today.

• 1Like

nu_11

Did you not see that "Cash Me Outside" the gross coal burning whore has made ~$50M by age 19 via using OnlyFans to show dudes her asshole?
Just shows how much excess we have, if dudes have nothing better than to blow money on some internet THOT

I expect someone like her to spend it all anyway, that's money straight back into circulation

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel cleansed. For the first time in in nearly 2 years I have no more margin debt. Of course the cleansing was accomplished with FIRE.

Now (thinking of that line you got when you started a new char in Vanguard), my eyes are on the horizon thinking of the tasks ahead (or something like that). Time to slowly rebuild from the ground up. If nothing else I feel a weight off my shoulders. I'm still in my 40's and still have the vast majority of my net worth intact. I lost 70 percent of my non-retirement investment account and i'm not minimizing what a disaster that was, but I still feel blessed overall and I will move forward and this time not be retarded.
Since you are starting fresh from scratch here is some advice that I and others have stated many times before. Don't fly by the seat of your pants. Open an Excel or Google Spreadsheet and build your new portfolio. Set parameters. Follow those parameters.

My personal parameters are no more than 5% of my portfolio total goes into any single stock. If I choose to go overweight a stock then it is 10%. I only own two of those (AAPL and MSFT). If they go bankrupt then we have bigger concerns than my portfolio.

The core of your portfolio should be a broad ETF (IVV, ITOT, QQQ, FTEC etc) and make up 40-50% of your portfolio at a "minimum". Learn to read the basket of holdings. If you own an individual stock then you need to add in how much of the dollars in the ETF you own into that individual stocks weight. Example if you own $10,000 of the QQQ and $1,000 of AAPL and AAPL makes up 5% of the QQQ then in reality you are holding ($1,000 + ($10,000*0.05)) of AAPL or $1,500. Notice that ETF position increased your AAPL holding by 50%.

Cap your "meme/wsb/discord" investments to a tiny fraction of your portfolio. Its ok to gamble once in a while but limit your downside. For me this cap is 2.5% of my total portfolio for all of my speculative positions combined.

Buy companies you know. Buy companies that (barring a nuclear war) should still be around in 20 years. Buy companies with a moat. Buy companies with bulletproof balance sheets. Buy companies that make actual profits. Ps, this is not an either/or list. It should be a checklist of all 5. And yeah, Warren Buffet rings pretty loud with these parameters.

Finally, examine the 11 sectors of the market and find 3 or 4 you know about or want to know about. Invest there. You cant know all 11. The market is just too big.

The ideas above aren't linked to a certain amount of investment. $10k, $100K, $1mi. The philosophy would stay the same for me. The key is using fractional share buying. Only have a portfolio of $10K but want to buy GOOGL? Buy 0.25 shares. Ignore dollars and only focus on percentages of your total portfolio.

Don't buy whole portfolio positions in a single purchase. Some of us refer to partial positions or tranches. For me, since 5% is a "full" position, 1.25% is a quarter position, 2.5% is a half etc. Add to stocks in those increments. I never just buy a full position on a stock. I buy in with a quarter or half and then let the market tell me what to do next. If the trade goes south, my at risk money is lower and if it goes well, adding in tranches as it rises only costs me a few dollars. If the market is red and after an entry it drops to the next support level, you can add another quarter and dollar cost average down. Again you are limiting risk which has to be key to your investing.

All the other stuff we talk about (when to buy/sell, what to buy sell etc) is important, but it all depends on having a basic portfolio foundation built.

Most important of all...

Killer Queen Fun GIF by NETFLIX

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL breaking down below its long term support level. If there was a line in the sand for the overall market, this is it.

• 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those playing at home:
SPY - 17.7% off its high
QQQ -28.2% off its high
IWM - 30.2% off its high
FTEC - 26.8% off its high
DIA - 13.8% off its high

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Added a tiny bit to my AMZN at $2100 and decided to add some TSLA at $735. I am not sure if I end up keeping this TSLA if it does crazy TSLA shit and runs higher in the near future.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Awesome, another -1.5%+ red day. We're getting fewer bounce back days. Shit is starting to look more like an actual bear market with a massive drop off. Unfortunately that pattern is starting after we already had a huge drop.

There's basically no good news anywhere in the economy. I don't see us reversing course anytime soon when our politicians are doing stuff like signing massive spending bills for other countries.

This is a purposeful collapse. Change my mind.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Won’t post this in the crypto thread to piss in anyone’s cheerios, but, savage…

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users