Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All you fuckers with buy orders at 390 are really getting in the way of what should be a nice orderly drop. Please stand aside
This is a pretty hefty pull back. 5 solid days of red and a 41 point SPY drop from the 200D rejection. Not at all saying this is a bottom, but when we move so much so quickly, we are bound to get a relief bounce and this SPY 390 is a fairly significant level. More than worth the punt and validated by the market reaction we are getting today. (I posted this before market even opened today).

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wasnon the the road most of the day. Have an ordernin to add some PLTR and SPIR. Neither looks like it will hit today but there is always tomorrow.

fris

Vyemm Raider
put a trailing stop loss sell order on my avaya shares, for half my shares and a trail limit of 25%

i assume this means that given it's current price of $1.79, if it drops by to $1.34, it will sell half my shares at $1.34? Will it market or limit sell, meaning try to sell at 1.34 only and thus won't sell if the price drops below 1.34, or will it sell at whatever the market is when that sell is executed?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
put a trailing stop loss sell order on my avaya shares, for half my shares and a trail limit of 25%

i assume this means that given it's current price of $1.79, if it drops by to $1.34, it will sell half my shares at $1.34? Will it market or limit sell, meaning try to sell at 1.34 only and thus won't sell if the price drops below 1.34, or will it sell at whatever the market is when that sell is executed?
What platform are you using?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's different.
Jon Hamm Yes GIF

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the talking heads are back with the fed pivot, not trusting the fed and their hawkish tone, the bounce today at support with buyers coming in looks like another squeeze is here, already.

Bears will double down, blow up their accounts, again and maybe some time down the road we can visit the lows of the year but it's not looking like Friday is that day.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Or you could wait for it to go to the moon.

Good point. I'm going to sell another 100% gain at 1.97 and then let the rest ride. That'll mean I've taken double profits on my original investment. Then the rest can go to the moon or die and it won't matter.

And then I'll just have a sell order for if it drops 50%.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
If on it's way to the moon it never retracts by 25, it's the same thing for me right?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
AVYA trade filled at 1.97 before the huge selloff :)

So, I've made 2x my investment and still have 1/5 my investment sitting and waiting.

• 4Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
AVYA trade filled at 1.97 before the huge selloff :)

So, I've made 2x my investment and still have 1/5 my investment sitting and waiting.
Huge selloff? We're still up for the day. You can buy some back!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Looking to buy back my 295 QQQ puts that expire today for a few pennies. Don't think I'm going to roll them and sell new ones today. Missed some trades yesterday wanting to add some more premium because of some chickens needing attention. Little freaking baby chickens probably cost me $3k yesterday in a missed trade. However the time spent with the chickens was certainly more enjoyable than spending more time at desk.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Will these chicken babies become chicken tendies?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users