Investing General Discussion

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because it didn't need to be "good". It was expected 8.1, came in 8.3. Market reacts. If it was 7.9, we would rocket. It isn't that 7.9 is bullish. It's that the bear thesis lost.

I am really bad at this and even I get this.
Right, and my point is, there is no data that inflation would be heading down. I said it in the inflation thread just now, but it appears the only thing they look at is oil prices when making these predictions and ignore literally everything else.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Right, and my point is, there is no data that inflation would be heading down. I said it in the inflation thread just now, but it appears the only thing they look at is oil prices when making these predictions and ignore literally everything else.
The bull thesis has been retarded this entire time. The idea that the road from 8 to 2 or even 3% was an easy one was always dumb. The idea that the labor market can soft correct or real estate can soft correct has always been crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Edumucate me good sir
1663079328446.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I got some orders in the Queue.
Long T at $16.75
Long PLTR at $6.99
Long META at $150
Short MP puts OCT expiry $25 Strike) at $0.40

Not expecting anything to pop but who knows.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really going out on a limb there. Core CPI keeps shooting further and further higher (meaning all they've done so far has done exactly dick), and they're going to call for a measly 100 basis points.

If that's all that happens after their "super serious" Jackson Hole meeting, well, we're fucked because this inflation isn't going to ever end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user