Investing General Discussion

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 463037

So you are proving your point by showing they have too many employees for their sales?

Blazin, I was just about to come in here and do my normal takedown of this drivel by posting their profit margin to go along with the meaningless revenue numbers....but these motherfuckers are averaging 20 cents on every dollar of revenue and cannot justify more headcount or safety precautions? I know a ton of other industries that would kill for those kinds of margins.

1678651333817.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you buy a 1.5% interest rate 10 year bond at 70c on the dollar, it’s the equivalent of buying a 10 year with around 5.3% interest rate. Obviously how long each bond has left and what not will effect this math some. Not what I’d invest in, but there’s plenty of reasons that places would buy them at an appropriate haircut I think.
Just about everything is a good buy at the right discount. I wonder what their MBS rates look like.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
There are rumors the WH might try to declare that a single mid-sized bank closing (which happens more often than people think) is a "systemic threat" to the entire US financial system and use this emergency provision to backstop all the deposits. It would take a 2/3rds vote of the Fed board, Yellen, and someone else to try to pull it off. And of course, its still subject to a court action.
I feel like announcing that the entire financial system is at risk of collapsing is probably not the sort of messaging you want here. This is obvious not good, but with proper management I feel like we could get through this with minimal pain.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I feel like announcing that the entire financial system is at risk of collapsing is probably not the sort of messaging you want here. This is obvious not good, but with proper management I feel like we could get through this with minimal pain.
The government is in the business of selling fear. Without it, you have no use for them.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
2 hours to announce a deal before futures open. What happens if no deal?
Futures are less of a concern in my opinion since markets are still closed. Asia opens in about 3.5 hours. Ideally they have something positive to announce before Asia opens.

• 1Like

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Monday is going to be a Slaughter at Open, Worldwide.
If this is the catalyst, let the system be exposed to these institutions' failures.
All I need is market to MOASS my AMC & GME - I Believe.

x files GIF by The X-Files

• 1Moron

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Despite the complete collapse of the global banking system, including several dozen companies not being sure if they might have to delay paying some suppliers till Thursday instead of Monday to make payroll, the futures are green.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What is a boner bar? Is it a bar I can rest my boner on or is it a bar that serves boners?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The signature bank thing... is this just an excuse to neuter crypto holdings?

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like