Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Ok which of you fuckers is this guy. This is pure FOH investment thread right here.
Guy spends hours transferring all his personal and corporate accounts out of SVIB early Thursday morning and then turns around and says this after lunch...
"1:30 PM: SVB is a solid bank. I know their CEO, Greg Becker. Great guy. I figure this is a temporary issue caused mainly by people panicking. They'll recover. I buy shares of SVB at what I consider significantly low prices."

So this guy is helping to create the bank run that will bury the bank he uses and then turns around and calls it a "temporary issue caused mainly by people panicking". This is an FOH level of lack of self-awareness right here. Oh and for good measure he buys shares of stock in the bank that he just helped crater. el-oh-fucking el.

IDK, sounds like one of "the experts" we hear so much about.

I was at a conference recently and the state economic guy was speaking and he shared a story. A year or so ago there was a crisis and he went on TV on the biggest station in the state and told everyone not to panick and go buy gas. Guess what he did when he left the TV station. He bought gas.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
I just heard from my uncle whose neighbor knows a banker and they said the entire banking system is going to collapse this week. People in the know are moving their assets to doge coin and putting their retirement accounts into SPACS. Load up boys this is the big one, stay safe

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My economic calendar has updated for today:

"Closed-door emergency Fed Meeting" for 11:30am EST today.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
VIX up 17% and nearing 30s again.

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So a bunch of retarded bankers gamble in a horrible way, fail, and now we should sacrifice our entire overarching financial direction as a country?

Clown world indeed.
Surprised? Wish I was.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some retail investor panic today, as SCHW (Schwab) has lost about 50% market value since last week. Schwab owns TD Ameritrade (Think or Swim) brokerage and there is a hell of a lot of retail investor money parked there.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Launch Fail

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Futures were up till the WH announced Biden was going to have a press conference and address the nation at 9:30

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some retail investor panic today, as SCHW (Schwab) has lost about 50% market value since last week. Schwab owns TD Ameritrade (Think or Swim) brokerage and there is a hell of a lot of retail investor money parked there.
I think today we are gonna see a hard pivot. I expect early dump as dead money investors do what they do and then smart money steps in and does what it does when dead money sells.

• 2Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So a bunch of retarded bankers gamble in a horrible way, fail, and now we should sacrifice our entire overarching financial direction as a country?

Clown world indeed.
And my apologies for using the word "gamble" in this post. Reading Politics and didn't realize it would trigger Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes so hard.

• 1Triggered
  • 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Futures were up till the WH announced Biden was going to have a press conference and address the nation at 9:30
He did at 9.

TLDW:
Banks failed, they’re going to fire the managers.
Investors lose all money invested in the failed banks.
The reason it failed is Trump regulation rollbacks.
Biden has created more jobs than any President in history.
No questions.

• 6Let's Go Brandon!
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Charles Schwab just halted down (-18% so far).

That is NOT some mom and pop regional bank.

• 1Mother of God

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Charles Schwab just halted down (-18% so far).

That is NOT some mom and pop regional bank.
But our investing thread experts said this would all be okay!

I know I sound like a perma-bear, but a lot of the optimism in this thread makes me shake my head.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, not feeling great about having all my funds there right now XD

• 1Solidarity