Investing General Discussion

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Lol, brave words considering its 10:30am. Lots of trading left to be done today.

mockup_Front_Red.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Headed to the bank to withdraw all my cash. Planned to do this today for like two months, so feels like a weird coincidence.

• 2Like
  • 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Headed to the bank to withdraw all my cash. Planned to do this today for like two months, so feels like a weird coincidence.
Nobody in line and got my money no problem. Better rush to the banks while all the normies are sleeping on this. They did have a security guard, which they’ve never had before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Just locked in an 11 month CD @ 5% w/ Cap One. Promo runs through tomorrow, but I’m honesty surprised they didn’t cancel it with the move in yields today.

Feel like a fucking genius lol

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just locked in an 11 month CD @ 5% w/ Cap One. Promo runs through tomorrow, but I’m honesty surprised they didn’t cancel it with the move in yields today.

Feel like a fucking genius lol
I bought a $30k CD 11 month CD @ 5% through Cap One last week.

Probably was a dumb idea though, there's probably way better places to put it if I actually understood any of this options nonsense.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Paid every two weeks so even though it says 3-6-23 it’s for the month of February, we can’t fill the position. All you need is a CDL/Hazmat/TWIC they gave up and said ok we will take anyone with a TWIC and that me and my coworker will drive the chemical out for the guy without the proper credentials and leave him there and come back in 8-18 hours to drive back to the shop. Absolutely none of the driving is more than 3 miles away, we are located half a mile from where we do 90% of our work.

They placed an ad, just the TWIC credentials. Set up 27 interviews over 2 days. 1 showed up, found out it was on call 24/7 even though it said that in the ad, bounced mid interview.

People not working today, don’t want to work. Coworker is so desperate to hire someone he asked the young security guard at Buckeye if he wanted to make 100k a year and he told him “yeah but I can’t pass a piss test” jfc our country is going to shit. No wonder all the fires, train derailments, etc etc we are a nation in decline because no one wants to work.
stop tempting me to move even though I just got settled in OK.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I bought a $30k CD 11 month CD @ 5% through Cap One last week.

Probably was a dumb idea though, there's probably way better places to put it if I actually understood any of this options nonsense.
I moved money into a Vanguard high yield savings account. 4.1%.

• 1To the Moon!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Okay, I honestly never expected people to be talking about how great the interest on their CDs is in this thread.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, I honestly never expected people to be talking about how great the interest on their CDs is in this thread.
Was a big thing back in the mid-2000's. Rates were similar where we were laddering and getting about 5%.

• 1Like