Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone explain this to me.

HSBC bought the UK arm of SVB only.

The acquisition – which cost HSBC £1 – followed overnight talks between Downing Street, the Bank of England and HSBC bosses including the chief executive, Noel Quinn, as authorities rushed to protect the finances of SVB UK’s 3,500 customers. Those customers included venture capital investors and hundreds of tech startups that feared they would go bust if their deposits were wiped out.

(No FDIC parachuting in to secure depositors here in the UK)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
HSBC bought the UK arm of SVB only.

The acquisition – which cost HSBC £1 – followed overnight talks between Downing Street, the Bank of England and HSBC bosses including the chief executive, Noel Quinn, as authorities rushed to protect the finances of SVB UK’s 3,500 customers. Those customers included venture capital investors and hundreds of tech startups that feared they would go bust if their deposits were wiped out.

(No FDIC parachuting in to secure depositors here in the UK)
I guess I'm confused by the assets and liabilities part. I'm assuming they are still part of the deal. Like buying your parent's house for a dollar type of deal. You still get the house and all the problems.

So it was an auction of 1 and noone else showed up?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SIVB

DOJ and SEC said to have formally opened investigations into executive trading, company disclosures - press

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Looks like HSBC got a pretty good deal after looking into it. The UK portion was pretty solid and they get to add 3300 grateful customers.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1678811361970.png

• 8Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 8 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out the C puts I wrote yesterday. 73% profit. Most likely I could have road them to expiry for a penny, but I'm not greedy and who the fuck knows what Janet Powell is gonna do. Imma take my shekels off the table and be happy.

• 5Tendies
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Ut oh Pivot Bros…

200.gif

edit: SPY bounced pretty hard off of 387 into the close 📈

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What's the best war stock one year into a High-Intensity European conflict? Go back in time, buy Raytheon/Lockheed or just wait for better prices
Raytheon makes missiles but its currently running a PE over 27. The boat for defense stocks sorta left a while ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, exactly. The Boat left when Ukraine war kicked off. Outside of WWIII, defense needs to cool TF out to normal levels
I am a big fan of the MIC stocks normally. I sold my RTX, LMT, NOC for some pretty good change. Havent had an opportunity to jump back in them.

• 1Like

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
I am a big fan of the MIC stocks normally. I sold my RTX, LMT, NOC for some pretty good change. Havent had an opportunity to jump back in them.
I am as well huge fan of MIC, especially when we're Free-Market killing communists as we are in Ukraine.
Though, this market was already inflated and the Chinese has brokered peace for Saudis/Iran so no Middle East WAR.
*Womp Womp*
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1Like