Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
pretty darn impressive move; bet we see that volume now. On one hand sitting on the my largest cash position since covid I'd be happy, however this is substantial enough that caution is warranted. When markets just blow through support levels you need to pay attention and not just jump in.

Going to be glued to the screen for a bit
Seems like purchase ism is going to determine a lot. If we see another print under 50 I could see it crashing very very hard. On the other hand a print of 52 hugely allays recession fears and we should see a big bounce.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
IMG_2910.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
No way SPY doesn't test 200 being this close. Pretty clear the indexes are going to lose their 200d, how long we spend below them is going to be crucial. A rally that fails to recover them means we are in for some serious hurt

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
When they have all kinds of interventions for market moves in one direction, but none whatsoever for market moves in the other direction,

well thats just a sign of a totally legitimate system thats not at all fake and gay

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Honest opinion, do you see a bounce? You’re one of the most optimistic people on here, all disclaimers financial advise yada yada yada, best guess what happens?

I’m doom and gloom the world is ending.
Do you mean today? I expect the trading today to be highly chaotic , this is hitting a level of forced selling so you have to let that play out. The Vix at this level, the blow up of Japan/Yen , the Fed off sides .

I don't want to feed the panic, I spoke with my dollars when I sold. I did not do so thinking we are going to crash (For me that means something more than a corrective action >20%)

The info in front of me right now tells me that the probabilities of something more than a correction could be forming.

The yield curve is un-inverting after several years that causes a lot of financial adjustments. This feels like Dec 2018 to me in some ways. The Fed is behind the curve and the market is going to wrangle the Fed into reality (and then someone is going to lose a bet to me)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No way SPY doesn't test 200 being this close. Pretty clear the indexes are going to lose their 200d, how long we spend below them is going to be crucial. A rally that fails to recover them means we are in for some serious hurt
Robert Downey Jr Yes GIF

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This is not to panic people but just what I see as a worst case scenario right now. We drop to S&P 4200. That would be scary as heck and feel really shitty and it's also not the end of the world. I do NOT believe that is most likely outcome with the evidence in hand.

I believe today and tomorrow we are going below the long term moving averages, I have to see how investors behave at that point. What is happening to credit markets. For a bullish outcome we want to see a rally by the end of the week that closes above the 200d. My first trade will be playing that bounce with a short leash.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Do you mean today? I expect the trading today to be highly chaotic , this is hitting a level of forced selling so you have to let that play out. The Vix at this level, the blow up of Japan/Yen , the Fed off sides .

I don't want to feed the panic, I spoke with my dollars when I sold. I did not do so thinking we are going to crash (For me that means something more than a corrective action >20%)

The info in front of me right now tells me that the probabilities of something more than a correction could be forming.

The yield curve is un-inverting after several years that causes a lot of financial adjustments. This feels like Dec 2018 to me in some ways. The Fed is behind the curve and the market is going to wrangle the Fed into reality (and then someone is going to lose a bet to me)
Appreciate the post!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Market timing comes up for discussion now and again. Near universal opinion is it's impossible to time and a generally bad idea. If market timing worked we would all do it. Unless you're Nancy Pelosi you can't "know" the tops and bottoms.

I mean, I bought at 53....selling at 60 and letting the market do whatever fake and gay shit it's gonna to today doesn't seem like the worst idea!

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Rate cuts are like most blood pressure medicine. They don't work immediately, they help regulate things over time. If you're talking about a 3 day dip in the markets, that's literally only 1% of the year, that's a blip. Now, admittedly it's over 10% drop in 1% of the year...

I don't think an emergency rate cut fixes it, it would be like jingling the keys in front of a toddler to distract it when they're about to start the colonoscopy.